Announcing Pinball/ Arcade Show in Southern Illinois in Se..

Last response: in Video Games
August 1, 2005 4:55:01 PM

The Heartland Pinball & Arcade Supershow is on September 24th, 2005 in
Marion, Illinois (Southern most part). That's a Saturday. The show
opens at 6AM in the back for the indoor swap meet, open to the playing
public at 8AM. It'll run until 10:30 PM or until its over. Cost for
the show is a measly $10 entry fee. Kids get in cheaper. Group rates
available for pre-paid tickets.

Pinball Pro (Pinball Subs) and Pinball Life (pinball parts) have signed
on as vendors. Popbumper.com will have a space there too. I have about
6 more vendors (one is a distributor) that haven't decided. Drop me a
line and tell me who would further compliment this show.

If your a machine buyer / collector.... I'm working the local operators
hard to get their equipment in the door. I expect most to visit the
swap meet, a few to drop nice machines on the floor for freeplay (and
for sale).

Hey, it's the first show of its kind in this neck of the USA. No,
Pinball Expo doesn't count. It's 6 hours North of Marion. Besides, this
is balls to the wall pinball playing, selling, buying, etc. Oh, I guess
there will be some classic video machines there too.

Here's the show schedule (tons more on www.supershow.popbumper.com)

Friday, Sept. 23rd
8PM - Midnight
Vendors, Auction Staff, Show Staff, FreePlay machine donators access
and setup.

6AM - Noon - Indoor Swap Meet (Back Entry of Pavilion Expo Hall)
8AM - Show officially opens to the public
100+ Freeplay games expected, the list of confirmed machines will
appear on the show site by mid-August.
Showdown & Sundown Pinball Tournament - Gotta be good at all
genres to win
this tournament. 4 machines from 4 different eras (2 EMs).
$250 cash and 10 trophy's, 3 divisions. $5 for each entry.
Door Prizes given away each hour (GameRoom & PinGame J. subs,
DVD's, etc)
Raffle for a Stern 9 Ball (nice piece, has a Ultimate MPU
installed)
Play selected pinball and video arcade machines for Twin Galaxies
World Record Recognition - Referee will be on site!
4PM Auction Registration for Buyers & Sellers (Laningham Auction
Service -
This will be a CASH ONLY - NO BUYER'S PREMIUM AUCTION)
5PM Showdown at Sundown Tournament is closed, 9 trophy winners
announced.
5:30P Showdown Finalist (Top 10) compete for 5' Wizard Trophy & $250.
We will encourage an audience!
6:30P - 7PM - Auction Starts in back section of Expo Hall
Showdown Winner is announced
Raffle winner is announced
10:30PM 'ish until 1AM
Auction is over, buyer's pay and move equipment out. Sellers are
paid.
Vendor tear-down, machines removed.

Got questions? e-mail me, or hit the web site.
-Rob Craig
August 1, 2005 11:31:32 PM

Nice Idea, but next time why don't you have it where there is decent
population...Other than inmates and other wards of the state. You know
about 5 hours north is a quaint little town call Chicago, there might
be a place or two to have a show like that, and you might even draw a
crowd.
August 1, 2005 11:33:58 PM

Nice Idea, but next time why don't you have it where there is decent
population...Other than inmates and other wards of the state. You know
about 5 hours north is a quaint little town call Chicago, there might
be a place or two to have a show like that, and you might even draw a
crowd.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:23:56 PM

Mark, thanks for the support. I've been in this area my whole life, no
inmates or "wards of the state" to be found. Chicago is the reason why
this show will succeed.... not everyone wants to drive to a big city and
still spend 2 hours to drive 30 miles. This show is 3 minutes from the
interstate, much cheaper hotels with free breakfast (no crusty Ramada
Inn), no parking fees (even at the hotels you stay in!), and seated
perfectly between St. Louis, Memphis, Indianapolis, Nashville, etc. I
think we'll be fine.

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

It's only a couple hours drive for me, I'm in...

Mark
!