Can you do "NO TO ALL" in txfer?

I am tranfering music files from PC to PC over home LAN. it takes a long
time and for several reasons I have had to restart.

Windows give me an option to "write over all" existing files in destination,
but do skip a file it only give me an option for one file at a time (I have
2500 files to write). So everytime I restart I have to start from scratch
and rewrite over any existing files.

Is there a way to make widows skip all existing files with a single
instruction...otherwise one has to tap the no button 1000s of times.

any tips?

thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use a program called WMATCH.EXE from "PC Magazine". It allows you to match
directories between two drives or two computers over a network.

So, I would recommend a Google search on directory match or similar. You
then use it to match the two folders in question and you will then only have
to transfer those that are missing.

trs80 wrote:
> I am tranfering music files from PC to PC over home LAN. it takes a long
> time and for several reasons I have had to restart.
>
> Windows give me an option to "write over all" existing files in destination,
> but do skip a file it only give me an option for one file at a time (I have
> 2500 files to write). So everytime I restart I have to start from scratch
> and rewrite over any existing files.
>
> Is there a way to make widows skip all existing files with a single
> instruction...otherwise one has to tap the no button 1000s of times.
>
> any tips?
>
> thanks

Try holding the <Shift> key when you click <No>.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm