1. What is your budget?
Lets say $1000ish
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6" Although i could live with a 17.3 if its cheaper (Ive seen many with same specs cheaper than 15.6 lol)
3. What screen resolution do you want?
FHD Matte (1920*1080)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Anything under 10 lbs is cool with me
5. How much battery life do you need?
3hours + Using Msoffice/Regular Surfing, Doesn't matter when gaming (will be plugged in)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW, Allods, Haven't really gotten into gaming that much but by next year I should be playing some games like Dirt3, Crysis, etc. Never played anything on high before and I would love to taste the experience
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Basically gaming and college
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb+ (7200 RPM) A little SSD Would be nice but not required
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg, Amazon, Xoticpc
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 Years (If i get a laptop with a powerful CPU and GPU I dont think i will let go of it)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DvD Reader and Writer (I dont own any movies)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Prefer MSI, Asus, Sager i guess
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
What i want is the following, Matte FHD, nice battery life 3hours+ not plugged in for Msoffice/surfing, backlit keyboard is a must
I have been looking at the MSI GE60 (No backlit keyboard) MSI GTX 780 (I loved it but no optimus on it so battery life is 2 hours only unplugged i believe) , MSI GT60 (Ive seen it floating around $1300 and the 17.3 version at $1280 so i think it will be closer to $1000 by black friday)
The MSI GX60 Just came out. Ive never used an AMD Laptop before. Could anybody give me a comparison of the A10 Chip compared to Intel. Aka power consumption, performance, etc.
I believe the GX60 will pressure the GT60 into lowering its price.
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.