Sign in with
Your question

PC freezes and screams when playing games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 22, 2005 4:05:18 PM

When playing games on my PC, they suddenly freeze (usually after a few minutes), and a high pitched squealing and beeping can be heard, i cant seem to work out this one, so any help would be appreciated.

Intel P4 - 3.4Ghz
1GB - RAM
ATI Radeon X600 (PCIe)
Creative Audigy ZS 2
April 22, 2005 4:08:37 PM

Where does this noise come from?

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
April 22, 2005 4:12:55 PM

it comes through the speakers
Related resources
April 22, 2005 4:39:34 PM

Any overclocking?

And update your sound drivers.
April 22, 2005 4:46:01 PM

Damn this is not going to be a fun one to deal with. Will have to do some work on this one. Try:

1. Uninstall the AGP, sound, and chipset driver. Use driver cleaner to get rid of any lingering files. Then resinstall with latest chipst drivers, sound drivers, agp drivers.

2. Make sure that your AGP card is NOT sharing the same IRQ as the sound card. Could just move the sound card to another PCI to resolve this or move the card and dump the OS. Should have to do this with these mobos today but I would be surprise if there are still a few that will give you issues.

3. Complete Dump of your system.

Try those out first.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
April 22, 2005 5:31:04 PM

thanks, i will try those steps in a bit, and to the other guy - no my PC is not over clocked.

Cheers all!!
April 22, 2005 5:50:17 PM

its your sound card i have had the same problem with my Aud ZS move the card to a different pci slot but totally remove all drivers e,t,c first then reinstall it in a different pci slot and reinstall drivers freshh new ones from creative site.

<font color=purple> MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON! </font color=purple>
April 22, 2005 6:13:20 PM

What kind of power supply do you have? Watt capacity and name brand?

April 22, 2005 9:30:32 PM

Thanks to everyone, i have the problem sorted now, i had to uninstall all drivers for PCI cards then remove all PCI cards, and rearrange them all, and whack new drivers on and problem seems to have gone, once again thanks to you all, would not have done it without your sound advice.
April 22, 2005 9:30:34 PM

Thanks to everyone, i have the problem sorted now, i had to uninstall all drivers for PCI cards then remove all PCI cards, and rearrange them all, and whack new drivers on and problem seems to have gone, once again thanks to you all, would not have done it without your sound advice.
!