Anyone snag that 350 BIN Tempest in Ohio?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 2, 2005 3:29:56 AM

Saw an auction earlier tonight for a working Tempest in Ohio with a BIN of
350. Just wondering an RGVACer got it. I searched for completed auctions and
sure enough someone got it for the BIN price.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:02:41 AM

Wasn't that the one that had monitor problems and the cab had some
damage? Was it really worth 350 sight unseen? if I remember seeing
the listing last night, there was just a front shot of the machine and
it was of very poor quality. I was tempted but with one pic and the
other issues, i passed.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:33:00 PM

Anything with a 6100 monitor in it and a complete set of boards and other
partable items is worth 350

--
Art
"Black Tiger" <caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Wasn't that the one that had monitor problems and the cab had some
> damage? Was it really worth 350 sight unseen? if I remember seeing
> the listing last night, there was just a front shot of the machine and
> it was of very poor quality. I was tempted but with one pic and the
> other issues, i passed.

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:19:14 PM

James Wood wrote:
> That depends on whether everything inside the cabinet
> is rusty and crusty, if it is $350.00 would be too much.

I was waiting for the seller to send me more detailed pics and in the
meantime someone did a BIN on it. It's a bit further than I was hoping
to have to travel for a Tempest, but at $350 I could be persuaded to
make the trip. :)

Anyone closer to Pittsburgh got a Tempest upright or mini for sale??
Empty is fine as long as the cabinet is solid and if it's the upright,
sideart must be in good shape. :)

Steve P.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:29:56 PM

Actually the guy that bought the Tempest is a friend of mine. I talked
to him this evening. I had no idea he had bought it till I went over to
meet another friend looking to buy a 4 player empty cab for MAME. He
has posted here before with some games for sale in Dayton Ohio a few
weeks back. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good game for him.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:38:28 PM

!