java

I recently downloaded java 2 runtime--update 2. I notice in my add/remove
programs I now have java 2 runtime--update 1 still in my add/remove
programs. Should I remove update 1, leaving only update 2?

--
Robert W. Ortego
2 answers Last reply

    In news:u6jJlgKcFHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Bob <rortego@earthlink.net> had this to say:

    > I recently downloaded java 2 runtime--update 2. I notice in my
    > add/remove programs I now have java 2 runtime--update 1 still in my
    > add/remove programs. Should I remove update 1, leaving only update 2?

    Yups. Though I'm in favor of leaving the earlier version. The latest doesn't
    allow you to right click and remove it from the system tray and is pretty
    buggy on many people's computers and on two of mine that it's installed on.
    I've been meaning to go back and get the older version. Not to mention it's
    pretty bloated for no real good reason that I'm aware of. As for the
    security implications it's also my opinion that we probably shouldn't allow
    java to run in anything but the trusted zone. The benefits of utilizing the
    zones is often overlooked but a pain at times. Maybe something we'll see
    happen as a change in IE7 - one can hope...

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    fwiw, add/remove here does not have update 1,
    only js2e version 5.0 update 2
    fairly new winxp home install ,April I think.

    If you want to be safe uninstall the whole shooting match and install it
    fresh from java.com

    "Bob" <rortego@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I recently downloaded java 2 runtime--update 2. I notice in my add/remove
    >programs I now have java 2 runtime--update 1 still in my add/remove
    >programs. Should I remove update 1, leaving only update 2?
    >
    > --
    > Robert W. Ortego

Runtime Java Microsoft Windows XP