Hot pursuit 2

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
IMO, nfs 3 hot pursuit was the best nfs game... I was wondering if anyone has tried nfs: hot pursuit 2, and if so, is it comparable (or does it suck?).

Fill me in :)

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I've only played the demo, but so far, it's pretty sweet! The car detail is gorgeous. The handling has a good learners curve. You should check out the demo. See for yourself.

Speedfreak

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
Hey All,

You'll be glad to hear NFSHP2 is bloody brillant! I was playing it last night (full game, not the demo) using my MS FF Wheel, and it doesn't take long for you to work up a sweat.

Before I tell you how wonderful it is let me mention a couple of bugs in the game...

Firstly - there is practically no force feedback forces at all. Apparently this is a well known bug and is pissing a lot of people off - have to wait for a patch I'm afraid. When the FF patch appears it will add even more hectic heartbeats to the game - it seems that when you are driving on the road you will feel a certain amount of feedback, and the steering will be quite firm, but when you go off road, or aquaplane (driving on water and loose grip) the feedback and be quite different. Even when the cops try to run you off the road you'll be able to feel every bang and bump as they try hit the rear and side of your car - excellent.

The other bug I've noticed, and it doesn't happen very often, is this.... Imagine you're driving down a straight road with signs every 100 meters. As you drive past the 300 meter sign, the screen pauses for a couple of seconds, and when it unpauses you immediately rocket down the road to the 500 meter sign - where you would have been if the game hadn't paused. I don't know how else to explain this, but if you understand what I mean, try imaging this happening on a twisty section at 150mph - not funny.

As I've said the force feed back is missing, but it didn't ruin the game for me at all, it will just be a nice thing to look forward to when the patch comes out. The second bug is a pain in the ass, but honestly it might only happen once in 30 minutes. It's also possible that this bug has something to do with my machine/setup etc and that other people do not have this problem.

To summarize:

This game has one hell of a lot of races, the car selection is excellent, and every one of them are beautifully rendered, the courses are truely amazing and some are very long, the cops are great - they have the wonderful knack of tipping your rear wing and sending you into a spin, they can also call in backup and have road blocks placed, or spike strips laid across the road - they can even call in air support!!!!) The car physics are also pretty good - you can 'feel' when you're about to loose it! Nice.....

Driving games and FPS are my favourite type of games - but let me tell you - it will be a long time before anything other than nfshp2 is played on my PC.

If you enjoy driving games you simply have no other option - you HAVE to buy this game.

Hope this helped, Esso.

My Specs:

Asus A7V333 with RAID
AMD XP 1900+
512Mb PC2100
120Gb HD
Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4200 128Mb
etc...etc...etc...

Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - irritated wives are!

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
IMO PU is the best in the series... excellent online community, realistic physics, great graphics for mediocre performing computer. I can't run HP2 properly on mine.

Many find HP2 satisfying, many find it annoying because it appears to be more of a slapped together PC port from PS2 version. I personally don't like it. I still prefer PU...

<A HREF="http://irqnine.com/superstockers" target="_new">[SS]Website</A>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
One fix to those slow downs is to copy a lot of files from the cd to your install directory, and then get a no-cd pach. Worked for me, no slowdowns.

I have seen a lot of problems from this game as well, the support of ATI cards is almost nil, and the random crashes and limited functions are definatly not worth the 40 bucks. Hell, the PS2 version is better than the PC! WTF?

You dont have an <b>ANY</b> key? Your keyboard must not be Windows XP certified...

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Well. The game looks really great. And gameplay is also very good. There is a good amount of cars and a lot of tracks since you can drive on every track in 4 different ways.

Only thing is, it doesnt work right on my comp since I havea low end rig. If you have a fast computer, and like the first HP, go get it.