Spare parts for Dimension 8400

Hi all

Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in the
uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price

Regards

Brian

You'd be surprised. I just bought a power supply for my 4550 from Dell and
it was under $30 including over night shipping.

Tom
"BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in
> the uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price
>
> Regards
>
> Brian

A Dell 8400 isn't very old. So i guess you stil have waranty.

Harrie

"BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all
>
> Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in
> the uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price
>
> Regards
>
> Brian

Yes but the price it would cost to ship it back, it would be cheaper for me
to do it. Did not get the onsite warranty.

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>A Dell 8400 isn't very old. So i guess you stil have waranty.
>
> Harrie
>

> "BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi all
>>
>> Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in
>> the uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Brian

When Dell ships you a replacement part, they include a prepaid return
label -- at their expense.

> When Dell ships you a replacement part, they include a prepaid return
> label -- at their expense.
>
> Tom

What Tom said. And, replacing the supply is fairly straightforward. You
could post back here if you needed any assistance.

Stew

> What Tom said. And, replacing the supply is fairly straightforward. You
> could post back here if you needed any assistance.
>

> Stew

You're talking about the US market..........here in the UK, we don't have
the sort of consumer protection laws you guys across the pond enjoy! (ever
heard the phrase Rip-Off Britain?)

The OP probably *does* have to ship it back at his own expense.

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Nope, even here in the UK on the Collect & Return to base repair Dell Does
pay the shipping costs
"Chuckles The Scary Clown" <chuckles@thebigtop.net> wrote in message

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> What Tom said. And, replacing the supply is fairly straightforward. You
>> could post back here if you needed any assistance.
>>

>> Stew
>
> You're talking about the US market..........here in the UK, we don't have
> the sort of consumer protection laws you guys across the pond enjoy! (ever
> heard the phrase Rip-Off Britain?)
>
> The OP probably *does* have to ship it back at his own expense.

What can I say I contacted Dell Wednesday afternoon told them the problem 08
10 am Friday morning knock on the door my new power supply was here
Well done Dell very good service

"BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in
> the uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price
>
> Regards
>
> Brian

I am not surprised. I can attest to excellent service from Dell every time I've
needed a spare part to repair a system under warranty... Ben Myers

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:27:03 GMT, "BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>What can I say I contacted Dell Wednesday afternoon told them the problem 08
>10 am Friday morning knock on the door my new power supply was here
>Well done Dell very good service
>

>"BA" <brian.alltnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> Does any one know where I can get a new power supply for my dell 8400 in
>> the uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Brian

I emailed Dell asking about the price of the MCE remote control, that I
didn't order with my Media Center 8400. Three days after the email one
arrived free of charge. I emailed the guy back and asked how to pay and he
wrote back not necessary.

--

Joe Cilinceon