Bill Gates Tries Facebook, Quits Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Understandable considering that alot of people either love or hate the guy. Im sure it would be pretty annoying getting 10000 posts on your wall every day and having nonstop mad ramblings from MAC fanboys.

I think Bill would be more suited for Twitter. Well only if he actually Tweeted.

Maybe Bill had things to do in the real world rather then become friends with as many people as he could, all people he will most likely never meet for REAL.

He can use MSN to talk to his friends anyway :p

Personally I find internet social networking kind of pointless with anyone who I do not know in person.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Bill should make his own social networking site then, one that links friends better than Facebook. I use Facebook to play Pirates and Mafia Wars... it's like crack!

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
He should use a fake name that only his real friends know. He's probably smart enough to have done that but I doubt he'll share that info?

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]kezix_69[/nom]He should use a fake name that only his real friends know. He's probably smart enough to have done that but I doubt he'll share that info?[/citation]

I think you may have missed the original point of facebook.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
HA!, funny I did the same thing..., not that I was inundated by 10,000 friends or anything but I just couldn't see devoting so much time on any social network and I rarely text to.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Anyone ever notice how they have hundreds of friends they don't even know on Facebook?

It took me about an hour just to file through and delete them.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Ive got about 210'ish.... Most are old school mates or friends from previous jobs.

My actual "friend" count is like 10 LOL.

PS.. I never invited Bill to be my frien

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Facebook isn't for your friends. Your real friends know what you're doing already, they can contact you when they want to. Your "fake" friends are the ones on facebook, the ones you never want to call you directly.

Facebook is just an online advertisement of yourself. Look at all the cool things I'm doing. Look at how busy I am. Look at how cool I am. Don't you wish you could be my real friend?

Your real friends know how fake that is. The "concert" you just went to was just a couple of guys playing in a coffeeshop and you left after 15 minutes so that you could get back to playing World of Warcraft. That "party" you went to was actually a LAN party, or worse, a console party where everyone takes turns playing Halo 3 against each other. You have a very ordinary, boring life.

If your Facebook page was a real ad, you'd be sued for false advertising. Ad was deceiptive, implied he/she was doing a lot of stuff but all this person does is play computer games! I want my time back!

Incredible how many people are doing so many cool things in their lives, I wonder how they even have time to eat or sleep when I see their facebook page. How are they able to keep up with their hundreds of friends. Uh, they can't. Those are just Facebook friends, they could pass each other in the street without recognizing one another.

Where are the Facebook pages with real people with only a few friends? And entries like, "I played World of Warcraft yesterday. Went to sleep, then played computer games when I woke up. Repeat for week"? Come on let's get real here.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
You forgot the masturbation part.

Bill Gates: Too rich and has better things to do with his life than waste his time on Facebook or any other Social networkings. :)

And that is not an insult.

To a degree, blogging and responding to blogs is not much different.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]I wish I could quit Facebook...[/citation]

Haha 'tis an addiction when you have nothing better to do....or when what is better involves "work" XD

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]matchboxmatt[/nom]Anyone ever notice how they have hundreds of friends they don't even know on Facebook?It took me about an hour just to file through and delete them.[/citation]

Yeahhhhh....Junior in highscool, and all these incoming freshman are like "JUNIOR??!? omg! FRIEND HIM! And I have NO CLUE who they are XD Rather annoying, but I really do have only ~100 friends most of whom I don't talk to. On a weekly basis I probably talk to about ~10 of those 100 or so.

I think Facebook is a good way to keep in touch with different groups of people though. Like having your normal friends who you talk to daily. And then people who you catch up with everyonce in a while, like people from an old school, or people who have moved/ you met somewhere like a camp or convention. I'm not an addict, but it's nice to have for keeping in touch sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.