Does anyone work on Cinematronics boards??

I'm trying to find someone that will work on a Cinematronics monitor
board. Help!!

I have sent them emails with no responce, are they still around? Does
anybody have a contact phone number for them?

Doesnt Alex Yeckley repair those?

--
Art
<pinballtom264@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find someone that will work on a Cinematronics monitor
> board. Help!!

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

http://www.cinelabs.com

'Nuff said.

Tony

In article <1123000275.599845.325940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to find someone that will work on a Cinematronics monitor
> board. Help!!

his site says no monitor work... don't know if he does an exception for
cinematronics...

"Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
wrote in message news:iZTHe.464$N93.371@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Doesnt Alex Yeckley repair those?
>
> --
> Art
> <pinballtom264@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to find someone that will work on a Cinematronics monitor
>> board. Help!!

> > Doesnt Alex Yeckley repair those?

> his site says no monitor work... don't know if he does an exception for
> cinematronics...

Well here's the scoop - we do work on Cinematronics games, but I
generally point folks to Cinelabs just because of our workload. If Mark
S. ever decides to close down (or, to be honest, raise his prices significantly),
we're there to step in. Sometimes folks are willing to wait to have us work
on them, which keeps us in practice.

Also, we *do* actually work on monitors, but only for folks that can drop
them off and pick them up in person - it's really the shipping that makes
it impractical (i.e. too expensive for the customer) otherwise. The web site
doesn't say that because we'd get a lot of folks trying to pursuade us to work
on their monitor "just this once", but yet they don't want to pay a $75+ shipping
bill (I wouldn't either, but that's about the real cost for us to ship a monitor safely).
Although I respect my customers and appreciate that they *really* want *us*
to do the work, I've found that it takes a lot of time to tell people "no" politely.

Anyhow, that's the back-story to that policy...

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

> Also, we *do* actually work on monitors, but only for folks that can drop
> them off and pick them up in person - it's really the shipping that makes
> it impractical (i.e. too expensive for the customer) otherwise.

I guess I should also clarify (since we've already started getting inquiries) - we
only work on complete monitors. Frequently folks will ask if they can just send
the monitor boards, but we've learned from experience that it's *far* better to have the entire
monitor, for a variety of reasons (some obvious, some probably not). Some places
that specialize in monitors work that way, but we've chosen not to for now, at least - all
this stuff could change in the future.

Alex
----