Right mouse click in start menu

i just noticed the other day that i can not right mouse click on any of the
items in my start menu anymore. because i wanted to add the things to the
list of programs i use often but it will not work. What did i do to it and
how do i fix it?

"sktbrd341" <sktbrd341@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just noticed the other day that i can not right mouse click on any of the
> items in my start menu anymore. because i wanted to add the things to the
> list of programs i use often but it will not work. What did i do to it and
> how do i fix it?

Use file explorer, copy, move etc directly to the menu structure.

i cant slide any of the icons on to the start menu though and thats what i
want to do because i want rearrange the list

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "sktbrd341" <sktbrd341@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i just noticed the other day that i can not right mouse click on any of the
> > items in my start menu anymore. because i wanted to add the things to the
> > list of programs i use often but it will not work. What did i do to it and
> > how do i fix it?
>
> Use file explorer, copy, move etc directly to the menu structure.

You need to enable the "Enable Dragging and Dropping" Option in your start
menu properties. Follow these steps:

Classic Start Menu:
Right-click Taskbar, Properties, click Start Menu tab, choose Customize
Enable the option "Enable Dragging and Dropping."

For New Start Menu:
Right-click Taskbar, Properties, click Start Menu tab, choose Customize
Click "Advanced" tab and enable the option "Enable Dragging and Dropping."

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting