missing windows installer

i am unable to download from java.com my system starts the download then
says windows installer missing. Please help (new user)

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am unable to download from java.com my system starts the download then
> says windows installer missing. Please help (new user)

There's a new installer on the MS site. Search microsoft.com then download
and install it. I didn't keep the link. It may have been available through
Windows Update in Internet Explorer.