video or graphics abnormalities

Tags:
  • Windows XP
June 14, 2005 10:09:10 AM

At times, when browsing the net, running a program, playing game,using word
processing, etc. , brown horizontal lines will start from the point furthest
to left of the screen and and create a solid brown line the width of the
text. This brown line goes all the way to the right edge of the monitor. It
happens randomly, it appears, as when i first opened the newsgroup page it
was prevalant, but as i type this post now it is not occuring at all. This
has been an ongoing occurance for 6 or so months, however, since it is
happening on a system that has limited use the degree of importance to find
the problem has not been there. This system has recently hadgraphics
contriller driver updates and video card updates (maybe the same thing ?).
Any kinda of similar occurances or possible solutions appreciated. My teenage
daughter entering her first year of high school will be running this system
on a much more demanding schedule. Oh yeah the system is only a year old -
Celeron procesor - Intel motherboard- Intel graphics controller
--
thanks, and may all our questions be answered

More about : video graphics abnormalities

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:36:13 PM

Try reducing the number of colors user for that resolution.

Rightclick desk, Properties, Settings tab, colors drop box.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
!