Pocket PC connection settings

I'm looking to connect to Fido's GPRS service using a Windows Mobile 2003
PDA through a Sony-Ericsson T68i. The phone can access the network on it's
own using the built-in WAP browser, but I'd like to use it as a modem via
IR, and eventually Bluetooth.

So if anyone's had any luck with this, I'd appreciate it if you could post
the settings. I tried the config from an old Palm m515 and Motorola P280
(which I'd like to sell, $50 if anyone's interested), but it's not working.
3 answers Last reply
More about pocket connection settings

    What settings are you using Paul?

    "Brian G" <br1anNO@SPAMmail.com> wrote in message
    > What settings are you using Paul?

    Username and password for the dial-up connection on teh PDA are both fido.
    dial-up number is set up as *99#. As far as I remember, that worked fine in
    the past. I need an init string, but I can't for the life of me remember
    what it was, other than the fact that in included the string,
    "IP=internet.fido.ca" or something like that, and that it was pretty long.

    Hi Paul, I don't use an init string on my Windows mobile 2003 PDA coupled
    with a SE Z600. I do however have to specify which data account on the phone
    to use for internet access in my dial string e.g. *99***cid=2# where 2
    refers to my second data account which is the internet access one. Also,
    remember to untick "Wait for dial tone before dialing" on the PDA.

    HTH, Brian

    > "Brian G" <br1anNO@SPAMmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What settings are you using Paul?
    >
    > Username and password for the dial-up connection on teh PDA are both fido.
    > dial-up number is set up as *99#. As far as I remember, that worked fine
    > in the past. I need an init string, but I can't for the life of me
    > remember what it was, other than the fact that in included the string,
    > "IP=internet.fido.ca" or something like that, and that it was pretty long.

Fido Connection Internet Service Providers