Pocket PC connection settings

Last response: in Network Providers
January 16, 2005 5:34:20 AM

I'm looking to connect to Fido's GPRS service using a Windows Mobile 2003
PDA through a Sony-Ericsson T68i. The phone can access the network on it's
own using the built-in WAP browser, but I'd like to use it as a modem via
IR, and eventually Bluetooth.

So if anyone's had any luck with this, I'd appreciate it if you could post
the settings. I tried the config from an old Palm m515 and Motorola P280
(which I'd like to sell, $50 if anyone's interested), but it's not working.
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:43:11 AM

What settings are you using Paul?

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote in message
> I'm looking to connect to Fido's GPRS service using a Windows Mobile 2003
> PDA through a Sony-Ericsson T68i. The phone can access the network on
> it's own using the built-in WAP browser, but I'd like to use it as a modem
> via IR, and eventually Bluetooth.
>
> So if anyone's had any luck with this, I'd appreciate it if you could post
> the settings. I tried the config from an old Palm m515 and Motorola P280
> (which I'd like to sell, $50 if anyone's interested), but it's not
> working.

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 2:13:48 AM

"Brian G" <br1anNO@SPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> What settings are you using Paul?

Username and password for the dial-up connection on teh PDA are both fido.
dial-up number is set up as *99#. As far as I remember, that worked fine in
the past. I need an init string, but I can't for the life of me remember
what it was, other than the fact that in included the string,
"IP=internet.fido.ca" or something like that, and that it was pretty long.
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 9:08:49 PM

Hi Paul, I don't use an init string on my Windows mobile 2003 PDA coupled
with a SE Z600. I do however have to specify which data account on the phone
to use for internet access in my dial string e.g. *99***cid=2# where 2
refers to my second data account which is the internet access one. Also,
remember to untick "Wait for dial tone before dialing" on the PDA.

HTH, Brian

!