PC freezes during CD burn

........ any ideas as to why - when I'm using Media Player 10 in XP home -
during the conversion from MP3 to CD - the initial part where its doing the
conversion (not the actual burning) my CD freezes up entirely. No mouse
movement - no CTRL/ALT/DEL. Have to press RESET.

Sometimes it get right up to track 11 or 12 or more and does the conversion
and starts burning the CD (once the burning starts its always OK) - other
times it only get to track 2 or 3 and seizes up - driving me nuts never
knowing if its gonna do it or not....
1 answer Last reply
More about freezes burn

    Could be drivers for your burner or a number of things.
    Try these
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&mode=r&cat=false&query=can+not+burn+cd+media+player&srch=sup&x=10&y=8

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129

    "Advid" <advid@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    > ....... any ideas as to why - when I'm using Media Player 10 in XP home -
    > during the conversion from MP3 to CD - the initial part where its doing
    > the conversion (not the actual burning) my CD freezes up entirely. No
    > mouse movement - no CTRL/ALT/DEL. Have to press RESET.
    >
    > Sometimes it get right up to track 11 or 12 or more and does the
    > conversion and starts burning the CD (once the burning starts its always
    > OK) - other times it only get to track 2 or 3 and seizes up - driving me
    > nuts never knowing if its gonna do it or not....

Burner CD-Rom Windows XP