Toshiba Satellite L755 Wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonmike

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I have a Toshiba that wont turn on. It does not power up at all. No sounds, nothing spinning, beeping, nothing at all. When it's plugged in, the lights for AC and batt charging are lit, so it does have power. I have removed the battery and held the power button down, but still nothing. Any ideas? In my research so far, I have come up with the possibility that it's the power button board but I have no way to confirm this. Any help would be appreciated.

Dragons68

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

My partner had the same problem as you did. We tried everything to fix it, but we found out that it was faulty. It just didn't turn on because it was defective. If it's new, then simply return it with the receipt and exchange it for another one.

We did this and the new one has worked perfectly ever since. If it's not new, then as the other person stated the motherboard might have been damaged, or there's something wrong with the power source.

bostonmike

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Ok, now I can add that I just turned the computer on!!! I haven't done anything to it. I pressed the button and it turned on! Then I shut it off and now it won't turn on again. Same as before.

Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company....

No the video card would NOT stop it booting (noises etc)

And its NOT THE POWER BUTTON BOARD... i have only ever seen that fail once in thousands of machines....

Have you tried it WITH and WITHOUT the battery ? And tested the charger with a Voltmeter ?

All the best Brett :)

bostonmike

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I have tried it with and without the battery.

One more piece of info here: It seems that if I press the button 10-15 times, it will turn on. If I just press it once, it won't turn on.

I have tested the Power Supply with a multimeter and it is working properly.

Dragons68

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Weird issue. Perhaps the power button is faulty or is not flush so that it doesn't always trigger the power sequence.

Is it always 10-15 times, or does it fail to turn on at all? What I mean by that is, when you attempt to turn it on will it always power on after several attempts or is it random?

bostonmike

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Dragons68. It's random. I took the laptop apart and removed the button board. I re installed the same board and it was working fine! It must be the ZIF cable. I twisted the cable around a bit and made sure it would boot up. I put it back together and turned it off then on again about 10 times and it started every time. Weird!

Dragons68

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

Yeah dude, that is weird! Well I haven't helped at all, but I'm glad you've fixed it. I suppose it was just a rush job when they were manufacturing it. Building the last laptop before home time and all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.