Java script problem

I have had this problem before and fixed it myself, but it's been so long
since it occured last. I am on a site trying to play a short clip of a
Mountain Treefrog and I click to open the clip, but nothing happens. Here's
the site:
http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesSH.asp?curGroupID=7&shapeID=1056&curPageNum=29&recnum=AR0558

I have the eye with a red circle and white bar, and I also have Norton
Internet Security enabled. I've tried setting everything to 'allow' but it
still doesn't download the clip. What else could be the problem?

Anthony Phillips
SW Virginia

You may want to checkout your Restricted sites settings.

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security (tab)
If the "Default Level" button is enabled, click it and then try to play the
clip again.

If the "Default Level" is not enabled (i.e. it is grayed out) you can enable
it by doing the following.
1) Click Custom Level (button)
2) Click Reset button, then click OK
3) Now the Default Level should be enabled, so that you can click it.
4) Click OK and try to play the clip.

--
Michael

"skyspotter" <skyspotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had this problem before and fixed it myself, but it's been so long
> since it occurred last. I am on a site trying to play a short clip of a
> Mountain Treefrog and I click to open the clip, but nothing happens.
> Here's
> the site:
> http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesSH.asp?curGroupID=7&shapeID=1056&curPageNum=29&recnum=AR0558
>
> I have the eye with a red circle and white bar, and I also have Norton
> Internet Security enabled. I've tried setting everything to 'allow' but
> it
> still doesn't download the clip. What else could be the problem?
>
> Anthony Phillips
> SW Virginia

Not sure you are experiencing a problem with your Java installation, but
here are some tips anyway.

There is a online Java test at
http://www.pocoso.de/pocoso052.html

There is a diagnostic tool from Microsoft at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ThankYou.aspx?familyId=4e38f4f9-ce7e-4271-8836-a7d7293a992f&displayLang=en

This tool will be installed in the folder name "..\Program Files\Diagnostic
Tool for the Microsoft VM".

If you fail these tests, then you might need to reinstall the version of
Java Virtual Machine for your OS and Service Pack.

Visit
http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html