please help me find newer intel 810e drivers

FragSyndrome

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
I have a gateway PIII low profile LCD comp - there's no exansion slots except pcmcia and I want this comp to play a game which is telling me that I need new drivers. I currently have the latest intel drivers for the 810e graphics chipset but those were made in 2002 and they don't work - I've tried all older versions with no success.

Now I know there's some aftermarket drivers available for ati, voodoo, and nvidia cards and was wondering in one of you could kindly help me find an aftermarket driver for this 810e chipset (shows a 82810E in the device manager). This is what I bought this comp for (used ofcourse) and would really appreciate the help.

Many thanks in advance,
Greg

FragSyndrome

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
I'm positive. I've taken this computer apart before - there's no pci slots. It's an lcd screen with the mobo, hd, and the rest of the parts behind the screen - there's absolutly no room for an expansion card.

If there was a pci slot this wouldn't be an issue ;)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd go to the Intel site, the video drivers are probably included in their "INF update".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

FragSyndrome

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
well to clarify this a bit, I'm a computer tech myself and I've tried the intel drivers - they're "archived" and the latest driver release was released in 2002 - these no not cut it. I've looked but had no success.

I was hoping that some of you are better techs then I with more experience and could help me find some updated (aftermarket) drivers.

You're most likely out of luck. The reason there have been other after-market drivers is because there was a demand for them. Considering the 810e is probably on par with a Voodoo or Voodoo2 card in terms of speed... (ok maybe a little faster than that, but it's still sloooowwwww) there likely wasn't any demand for after-market drivers.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The problem is, none of us actually use the integrated graphics for Intel 810/8150 series chipsets. Most of us don't even have boards that old. And those of us who support systems that old would rather sell someone a decent video card than try to make the 810 work badly in games.

Heck, even today's crappy video cards are much more powerful than the i810. Even the old GeForce2 MX PCI was more powerfull, and that's 4 years old! Wait, even the TNT was more powerfull, and that's 6 years old!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>