Slave disk recycle+restore

martin

Dear Group, i have installed a slave hard drive solely for the purposes of
Ghost back-ups. As is Windows habit it has placed a Recycle Bin and a
System Restore folder onto the drive. I have found out how to switch off
Restore for that drive also how to remove the Recycle Bin. Yet every time i
open the drive there they are again!

Is there a way to permanently remove both items from the slave drive?

Many Thanks
--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

Yes, they're still there, but they are unused.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:50:13 +0100, Martin wrote:

> Dear Group, i have installed a slave hard drive solely for the purposes of
> Ghost back-ups. As is Windows habit it has placed a Recycle Bin and a
> System Restore folder onto the drive. I have found out how to switch off
> Restore for that drive also how to remove the Recycle Bin. Yet every time i
> open the drive there they are again!
>
> Is there a way to permanently remove both items from the slave drive?
>
> Many Thanks

The folders will remain on the drive but since you've turned everything off
for that drive, they will be empty/near empty. Just ignore their presence
or turn off the ability to see all files/folders including system items in
Folder Options> View.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

martin

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> Yes, they're still there, but they are unused.

Thats right ted, they are unused, and unwanted lol. Is there a way to give
them the heave ho?
--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

They're Windows system files. Even if you are successful in removing them,
they'll only be recreated at the next restart.