Restore XP's unzip utility

I installed Winace and I don't want it anymore.
Now I cant seem to get the XP extractor that worked just fine in the past to
work again..
How do I restore this uitility?
Please help.
Thank you very much.
sunking425@msn.com
sunking425@verizon.net

Select Run from the Start Menu:

Type: regsvr32 cabview.dll at the prompt and click Ok.
and
Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt and click Ok.

The change will take effect immediately, but you may have to restart Windows
for all features of the

built-in ZIP support to be available.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:FB38D1CE-4D67-4A23-9230-6AED0046366E@microsoft.com,
sunking425 <sunking425@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I installed Winace and I don't want it anymore.
> Now I cant seem to get the XP extractor that worked just fine in the past
> to work again..
> How do I restore this uitility?
> Please help.
> Thank you very much.
> sunking425@msn.com
> sunking425@verizon.net

I tried it but its not right.
The Zipped folder icon is noe present and extract isnt on the right click
menu at all....

Wait...

It worked....but how can I get "extract"back on my right click menu.

Thanks for your help...I reall apprieciate it,

All set up now...got my icons back and menu restored!!!!

Jeff

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.