Nicholas

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

I've read the "policy", so please do not tell me to contact pre-paid support.
Simply put, I refuse to pay upfront for something which requires absolutely
no thought whatsoever (just give me the hotfix, damnit). Furthermore, I
*never* give out my credit card info over the phone or internet and I refuse
to start now. So, now you see my problem. The way I see it, I've already
done the troubleshooting and found the solution for my problem so all I want
is the fix, which they are holding hostage behind pre-paid support. Would
someone please point me to a non-prepaid contact which I can use to obtain
this hotfix. Thanks in advance.

What "policy" have you read?
Contact Microsoft as stated in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889320
Read the entire article in advance if you already haven't and be sure this
applies to your computer.

State you are calling about a hotfix and you will not be asked for billing
information.
You really do not have a problem.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Nicholas" <Nicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've read the "policy", so please do not tell me to contact pre-paid
> support.
> Simply put, I refuse to pay upfront for something which requires
> absolutely
> no thought whatsoever (just give me the hotfix, damnit). Furthermore, I
> *never* give out my credit card info over the phone or internet and I
> refuse
> to start now. So, now you see my problem. The way I see it, I've already
> done the troubleshooting and found the solution for my problem so all I
> want
> is the fix, which they are holding hostage behind pre-paid support. Would
> someone please point me to a non-prepaid contact which I can use to obtain
> this hotfix. Thanks in advance.

Start an email request:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3518&gprid=185522

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nicholas" wrote:

| I've read the "policy", so please do not tell me to contact pre-paid support.
| Simply put, I refuse to pay upfront for something which requires absolutely
| no thought whatsoever (just give me the hotfix, damnit). Furthermore, I
| *never* give out my credit card info over the phone or internet and I refuse
| to start now. So, now you see my problem. The way I see it, I've already
| done the troubleshooting and found the solution for my problem so all I want
| is the fix, which they are holding hostage behind pre-paid support. Would
| someone please point me to a non-prepaid contact which I can use to obtain
| this hotfix. Thanks in advance.

"Nicholas" <Nicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've read the "policy", so please do not tell me to contact pre-paid
> support.
> Simply put, I refuse to pay upfront for something which requires
> absolutely
> no thought whatsoever (just give me the hotfix, damnit). Furthermore, I
> *never* give out my credit card info over the phone or internet and I
> refuse
> to start now. So, now you see my problem. The way I see it, I've already
> done the troubleshooting and found the solution for my problem so all I
> want
> is the fix, which they are holding hostage behind pre-paid support. Would
> someone please point me to a non-prepaid contact which I can use to obtain
> this hotfix. Thanks in advance.

Read the policy properly. All of it.
Then confirm to MS satisfaction that you really do need the hotfix. If you
can do this and they are not doing any problem solving or giving advice to
you then shouldn't pay.
But DO READ ALL of the information first- if you aren't sure of what you
want and why you want it and can explain that properly then it becomes
advice, you should pay.