Stephen

Hi

XP Home (SP1) out of the blue Internet Explorer will not load.
It flashes for a split second and then disappears.

I have run Norton WinDoc. No problems found.

When I ran Lavasoft Ad-Aware it found some Trojans, which
I have removed.

It also found GOZILLA which I thought I had removed
sometime ago.

So I ran Regedit to track and remove GOZILLA - Regedit
started to search - thought about it for a while and then
disappeared (closed down) - I ran it again, same thing.

Rebooted - still all the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance - Stephen

Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.

Update your Norton Antivirus and run a full system scan.

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uez5%23aScFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Stephen <stephen@knight04july.fsworld.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
>
> XP Home (SP1) out of the blue Internet Explorer will not load.
> It flashes for a split second and then disappears.
>
> I have run Norton WinDoc. No problems found.
>
> When I ran Lavasoft Ad-Aware it found some Trojans, which
> I have removed.
>
> It also found GOZILLA which I thought I had removed
> sometime ago.
>
> So I ran Regedit to track and remove GOZILLA - Regedit
> started to search - thought about it for a while and then
> disappeared (closed down) - I ran it again, same thing.
>
> Rebooted - still all the same.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you in advance - Stephen
>

> Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.

You have spyware on your computer. Use spyware removal software to get rid
of it. Often, it takes several tries with several different removers until
you hit pay dirt. And don't try to edit the registry - you can't remove
spyware that way.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."