All In Wonder Recommendation

searic

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
I am lookng to get a new video card with decent graphics that is like the ATI all in wonder cards. With so many models out there, I want to get the best bang for my buck. Can people recommend some models I should look at and possibly find some good deals on?

Thanks
Eric

searic

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
I game a little, but it doesn't have to be cutting edge. I want a good video capture capability though.

cleeve

Illustrious
Another, perhaps better option would be to get the new Theater 550 PRO card... it's a separate PCI card that does all the All-In-Wonder stuff really well.

Then you can keep upgrading your videocard separately, and retain your capture/TV card.

cleeve

Illustrious
It has great VIDEO CAPTURE and TV VIEWING performance for about $100. But it leaves game playing to your videocard.

Then again, you know what? Forget I said anything... I see on pricewatch you can get a Radeon 9700 PRO all-in-wonder for $150.

Holy cow, that is a good deal. And about $50 cheaper than getting a TV wonder and separate 9600 PRO... and the 9700 PRO is MUCH faster than a 9600 PRO in games.

Really Great deal.

searic

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
I'll check them out! I already have a decent video card, but it doesn't do video capture or TV viewing. I had an old Haug card about 5 years ago and it never worked that well, but I am sure alot has changed!

Eric

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Theater 550 cards are much better for TV and video input than the AIW cards, but the software sucks. The AIW cards are a good deal in that respect, the software is much better for desktop use (Theater 550 cards use an HTPC software which takes up the whole screen).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Newegg is selling the AIW x800xt for a good price of 339.00 after rebate.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>