Is it safe to delete Internet Logs

June 14, 2005 11:27:36 PM

It contains 1.50Gb of data
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:02:36 AM

cheetahman wrote:
> It contains 1.50Gb of data

If by "Internet Logs" you're referring to the Temporary
Internet Files, those can be deleted at any time.

Keep in mind that you can reduce the size allocated for the
Temporary Internet Files by going to Control Panel -> Internet
Options. In the "Temporary Internet Files" section click on the
Settings button. On the Settings page move the slider to the
left or enter the desired amount and click OK twice. A setting
of 100MB is more than enough.

If I've misunderstood your questions, please provide some more
specific information.

Good luck

Nepatsfan
June 15, 2005 7:32:14 AM

the folder windows\internet logs is used by zone alarm. the tvdebug.log
file can be deleted, the two database file should not be. they do grow.
they have your list of approved programs. if you do delete them then
you'll have to retrain ZA all over again.
Related resources
June 15, 2005 8:47:35 AM

frodo@theshire.org wrote:
> the folder windows\internet logs is used by zone alarm. the
> tvdebug.log file can be deleted, the two database file should not be.
> they do grow. they have your list of approved programs. if you do
> delete them then you'll have to retrain ZA all over again.

I have this folder and never had zone alarm installed on this system!
--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

That may be. But ZoneAlarm certainly uses C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs

My C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs folder has...
BACKUP.RDB
fwdbglog.txt
fwpktlog.txt
IAMDB.RDB
MYPENTIUM450.ldb
tvDebug.log

All created and used by ZoneAlarm.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uC8pjcYcFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
MAP <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> frodo@theshire.org wrote:
>> the folder windows\internet logs is used by zone alarm. the
>> tvdebug.log file can be deleted, the two database file should not be.
>> they do grow. they have your list of approved programs. if you do
>> delete them then you'll have to retrain ZA all over again.
>
> I have this folder and never had zone alarm installed on this system!
> --
> Mike Pawlak
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:24:52 PM