What`s wrong aboug monkey-sounds??

A lot of people call "monkey sounds" racism. Why? We all know the first
humans came from africa, and since we all have "ape" ancestors I can`t
say I really understand this. Black, White, Yellow, Red...whatever
colour we are, we`re still "part monkey". If you then look at the people
where the biggest problems are, in Spain, the people there are the ones
that look closest to monkeys. People from africa are more athletic built
and therefor have more in common with the gorilla, and they make more
maskulin noise. Either the "monkeys" in spain are cheering or their are
crying out warning signals because they are afraid the "gorillas" ON
field will eat them. I really don`t know, but as a norwegian, we are the
ones that lived in ice and snow for ages, so we were actually frozen at
an early stage, and haven`t developed into anything but white, so we`re
sort of albino-apes. We don`t make the sounds, and we don`t hang around
in trees but I guess that`s because we think evolution is something that
happened to other people.... In Asia and south-america they got the
midget-monkeys and in northern amercia they`re still into monkey business.

To put it short: The ones MAKING the sounds are the ones PROVING they
still are apes. Haven`t seen ayone else making the sounds have you.....??

Racism are for cowards who haven`t got the guts to face a man of a
different color/religion/"whatever" alone and stand for what he`s said.

Mr. Pink

Sunhill wrote:
> A lot of people call "monkey sounds" racism. Why? We all know the first
> humans came from africa, and since we all have "ape" ancestors I can`t
> say I really understand this. Black, White, Yellow, Red...whatever
> colour we are, we`re still "part monkey". If you then look at the people
> where the biggest problems are, in Spain, the people there are the ones
> that look closest to monkeys. People from africa are more athletic built
> and therefor have more in common with the gorilla, and they make more
> maskulin noise. Either the "monkeys" in spain are cheering or their are
> crying out warning signals because they are afraid the "gorillas" ON
> field will eat them. I really don`t know, but as a norwegian, we are the
> ones that lived in ice and snow for ages, so we were actually frozen at
> an early stage, and haven`t developed into anything but white, so we`re
> sort of albino-apes. We don`t make the sounds, and we don`t hang around
> in trees but I guess that`s because we think evolution is something that
> happened to other people.... In Asia and south-america they got the
> midget-monkeys and in northern amercia they`re still into monkey business.
>
> To put it short: The ones MAKING the sounds are the ones PROVING they
> still are apes. Haven`t seen ayone else making the sounds have you.....??
>
> Racism are for cowards who haven`t got the guts to face a man of a
> different color/religion/"whatever" alone and stand for what he`s said.
>
> Mr. Pink
spam?

Dynamic Forward wrote:

> Sunhill - bigot or satirical genius?

Don't know about genius but it was an anti-racism piece. So bigotry is not
a term attributible to Pink.

The Wielder of the Scythe skrev:
> Dynamic Forward wrote:
>

>>Sunhill - bigot or satirical genius?
>

> Don't know about genius but it was an anti-racism piece. So bigotry is not
> a term attributible to Pink.

Thank you. It was ment to be anti-racism....if anyone had any doubts. If
I was black and people made monkey sounds to me, I would pity them. Send
their "organization" some flowers with a "get well soon" card or
something. I mean, don`t laugh WITH nazis and other racist, laught AT
them. Hurt them psychologically..even though their brains are numb.

>> Don't know about genius but it was an anti-racism piece. So bigotry is
>> not
>> a term attributible to Pink.
>>

> Thank you. It was ment to be anti-racism....if anyone had any doubts. If I
> was black and people made monkey sounds to me, I would pity them. Send
> their "organization" some flowers with a "get well soon" card or
> something. I mean, don`t laugh WITH nazis and other racist, laught AT
> them. Hurt them psychologically..even though their brains are numb.

My point went unnoticed. I was aiming to give a nod to the anti-racist
point-of-view by noting the similarity in style to Swift's 'A Modest
Proposal'. Obviously that was overlooked

De

"Sunhill" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message

> Thank you. It was ment to be anti-racism....if anyone had any doubts. If I
> was black and people made monkey sounds to me, I would pity them. Send
> their "organization" some flowers with a "get well soon" card or
> something. I mean, don`t laugh WITH nazis and other racist, laught AT
> them. Hurt them psychologically..even though their brains are numb.

Yeah they really wouldn't get that, too subtle. They'd not get the
distinctum between "with" and "at". But laugh at them anyway, because it
makes everyone else deal better with the fact such people exist.

On the other hand people should get upset by things like the monkey chants
because if there is no public outrage there isn't a great deal of pressure
to take any hardline action, and hardline action against racism in football
is tried and tested and fairly sucsessful. Laughing it off has it's place,
but I think something drastic like kicking Spain out of the next world cup
would have forced them to severely crack down on the racism and the issue
would have been dealt with (after some initial outrage from the non-racist
spanish, which would have also put pressure on the authorities there to
crack down on it).

The laugh it off approach is something that the black players that are on
the end of the monkey chants need to look at however. If it didn't upset
them, there wouldn't be a problem. I think probably half of those chanting
aren't racist, just insensitive and willing to lower themselves to joining
in, in an attempt to put off the other team. But if either it didn't put
them off or they feared the consequences, those people would remain quiet
(or chant something else) and the problem would disapear. I think it may be
asking a bit too much for the players to shrug it off, so plan B is to make
a fuss and get something done. I reckon if it continues into the World Cup
there could be much worse consequences.

Btw, I thought Scandinavians developed out of tree's anyway. ;)

--
Fil

Dynamic Forward wrote:

> My point went unnoticed. I was aiming to give a nod to the anti-racist
> point-of-view by noting the similarity in style to Swift's 'A Modest
> Proposal'. Obviously that was overlooked

Good and kindly Sir, with Apologies most close to my Heart, I beg of your most
generous Nature to overlook Mr. Pink's and Myself's Lack of Dynamic Insight,
and, on the Subject of being not in good Possession of a modicum of Forward
Thinking in divining the most noble of Intentions in your Missive Electronical.
For, we are but Descendants of A--s - that feral Unchristian Creature, wholly;
separately and verily.

I beg leave notwithstanding our thick-skulled Nincompoopery cannot presume from
the Scintilla of your Missive, that altogether on Usenet, a publick Forum, the
full Intentions wherein the Missive lies.

However, dearest Sir, there may be perchance a singularly more apt Analogue to
Mister Pink's Efforts in a satirical Exercise as proposed by your good Self -
that of his What`s Wrong Aboug Monkey-Sounds?? to Mr. Jonathan Swift's A Modest
Proposal. May I beg your leave to put up for Consideration Mr. Swift's An
Argument to Prove That the Abolishing of Christianity in England, May as Things
Now Stand, Be Attended with Some Inconveniencies, and Perhaps Not Produce Those
Many Good Effects Proposed Thereby. Which, I do believe in less genteel circles,
it be abbreviated to Argument Against Abolishing Christianity. Irony, the
central Pillar of this Treatise, is at once ironic and satirical. If I may be so
bold, nay dynamic and forward, as to suggest Argument Against Abolishing
Christianity is in Style, Tone, Tenor and Voice holds up a Mirror to What`s
Wrong Aboug Monkey-Sounds?? .

http://eserver.org/18th/abolishing-christianity.txt
http://www.umich.edu/~ece/student_projects/religious_satire/swift4.htm

Em Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:46:08 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
<30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:

> Sunhill - bigot or satirical genius?
>
> Dy

bullshit provider? :-D

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Dynamic Forward wrote:
>

>>My point went unnoticed. I was aiming to give a nod to the anti-racist
>>point-of-view by noting the similarity in style to Swift's 'A Modest
>>Proposal'. Obviously that was overlooked
>

> Good and kindly Sir, with Apologies most close to my Heart, I beg of your most
> generous Nature to overlook Mr. Pink's and Myself's Lack of Dynamic Insight,
> and, on the Subject of being not in good Possession of a modicum of Forward
> Thinking in divining the most noble of Intentions in your Missive Electronical.
> For, we are but Descendants of A--s - that feral Unchristian Creature, wholly;
> separately and verily.
> I beg leave notwithstanding our thick-skulled Nincompoopery cannot presume from
> the Scintilla of your Missive, that altogether on Usenet, a publick Forum, the
> full Intentions wherein the Missive lies.
>
> However, dearest Sir, there may be perchance a singularly more apt Analogue to
> Mister Pink's Efforts in a satirical Exercise as proposed by your good Self -
> that of his What`s Wrong Aboug Monkey-Sounds?? to Mr. Jonathan Swift's A Modest
> Proposal. May I beg your leave to put up for Consideration Mr. Swift's An
> Argument to Prove That the Abolishing of Christianity in England, May as Things
> Now Stand, Be Attended with Some Inconveniencies, and Perhaps Not Produce Those
> Many Good Effects Proposed Thereby. Which, I do believe in less genteel circles,
> it be abbreviated to Argument Against Abolishing Christianity. Irony, the
> central Pillar of this Treatise, is at once ironic and satirical. If I may be so
> bold, nay dynamic and forward, as to suggest Argument Against Abolishing
> Christianity is in Style, Tone, Tenor and Voice holds up a Mirror to What`s
> Wrong Aboug Monkey-Sounds?? .
>

> http://eserver.org/18th/abolishing-christianity.txt
> http://www.umich.edu/~ece/student_projects/religious_satire/swift4.htm

eh?? English please...

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:18:07 +0200, Fil Arkonus
<fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote:

> "Sunhill" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thank you. It was ment to be anti-racism....if anyone had any doubts.
>> If I
>> was black and people made monkey sounds to me, I would pity them. Send
>> their "organization" some flowers with a "get well soon" card or
>> something. I mean, don`t laugh WITH nazis and other racist, laught AT
>> them. Hurt them psychologically..even though their brains are numb.
>
> Yeah they really wouldn't get that, too subtle. They'd not get the
> distinctum between "with" and "at". But laugh at them anyway, because it
> makes everyone else deal better with the fact such people exist.
>
> On the other hand people should get upset by things like the monkey
> chants
> because if there is no public outrage there isn't a great deal of
> pressure
> to take any hardline action, and hardline action against racism in
> football
> is tried and tested and fairly sucsessful. Laughing it off has it's
> place,
> but I think something drastic like kicking Spain out of the next world
> cup
> would have forced them to severely crack down on the racism and the issue
> would have been dealt with (after some initial outrage from the
> non-racist
> spanish, which would have also put pressure on the authorities there to
> crack down on it).
>
> The laugh it off approach is something that the black players that are on
> the end of the monkey chants need to look at however. If it didn't upset
> them, there wouldn't be a problem. I think probably half of those
> chanting
> aren't racist, just insensitive and willing to lower themselves to
> joining
> in, in an attempt to put off the other team. But if either it didn't put
> them off or they feared the consequences, those people would remain quiet
> (or chant something else) and the problem would disapear. I think it may
> be
> asking a bit too much for the players to shrug it off, so plan B is to
> make
> a fuss and get something done. I reckon if it continues into the World
> Cup
> there could be much worse consequences.
>
> Btw, I thought Scandinavians developed out of tree's anyway. ;)

Well, maybe OUT of them but not IN them..;)

> --
> Fil

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:38:42 +0200, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Em Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:46:08 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
> <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:
>
>> Sunhill - bigot or satirical genius?
>>
>> Dy
>>

> bullshit provider? :-D

Manuel, have you escaped Mr Fawlty again??

Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:32:46 +0200, Mr. Pink <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:38:42 +0200, Eduardo Liguori
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:46:08 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
>> <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:
>>
>>> Sunhill - bigot or satirical genius?
>>>
>>> Dy
>>>

>> bullshit provider? :-D
>>

> Manuel, have you escaped Mr Fawlty again??

Manuel? Do I have a moustache? Nope! :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:37:22 +0200, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:32:46 +0200, Mr. Pink <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no>
> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:38:42 +0200, Eduardo Liguori
>> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>>> bullshit provider? :-D
>>>

>> Manuel, have you escaped Mr Fawlty again??
>>

> Manuel? Do I have a moustache? Nope! :)

It was a "stick-on" anyway..os neither has he...lol, and you do speak taco.

>>> Manuel, have you escaped Mr Fawlty again??
>>>

>> Manuel? Do I have a moustache? Nope! :)
>>

> It was a "stick-on" anyway..os neither has he...lol, and you do speak
> taco.

Taco = cue, club, stick

"Vou enfiar um taco na sua bunda!"

lmao

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:44:05 +0200, Eduardo Liguori

>>> Manuel? Do I have a moustache? Nope! :)
>>>

>> It was a "stick-on" anyway..os neither has he...lol, and you do speak
>> taco.
>>

> Taco = cue, club, stick
>
> "Vou enfiar um taco na sua bunda!"
>
> lmao

So, you eat sticks??

Anyway Edu. Your old hero Wise just signed for Southampton. A one year
deal. Not bad at 38. Any news on your london game??

Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:05:55 +0200, Mr. Pink <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no>
escreveu:

>>> It was a "stick-on" anyway..os neither has he...lol, and you do speak
>>> taco.
>>>

>> Taco = cue, club, stick
>>
>> "Vou enfiar um taco na sua bunda!"
>>
>> lmao
>>

> So, you eat sticks??

hehe no

> Anyway Edu. Your old hero Wise just signed for Southampton. A one year
> deal. Not bad at 38. Any news on your london game??

I don't know if its wise to sign Wise now! But Redknapp wants a leader, so
good luck to them.

this weekend was Leonardo baptism, so no FM playing.
will play tonight...

--

Eduardo Liguori skrev:
> Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:05:55 +0200, Mr. Pink <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no>
> escreveu:

>>> Taco = cue, club, stick
>>>
>>> "Vou enfiar um taco na sua bunda!"
>>>
>>> lmao
>>>

>> So, you eat sticks??
>

> hehe no
>

>> Anyway Edu. Your old hero Wise just signed for Southampton. A one
>> year deal. Not bad at 38. Any news on your london game??
>>

> I don't know if its wise to sign Wise now! But Redknapp wants a leader,
> so good luck to them.
>
> this weekend was Leonardo baptism, so no FM playing.
> will play tonight...

Give him a BIG HUG from me. I`ve been to a catholic thingy ones. Damn it
took forever..lol.

>>> Anyway Edu. Your old hero Wise just signed for Southampton. A one
>>> year deal. Not bad at 38. Any news on your london game??
>>>
>> I don't know if its wise to sign Wise now! But Redknapp wants a
>> leader, so good luck to them.
>> this weekend was Leonardo baptism, so no FM playing.
>> will play tonight...
>>

> Give him a BIG HUG from me. I`ve been to a catholic thingy ones. Damn it
> took forever..lol.

it was a short ceremony only one hour

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

>>> I don't know if its wise to sign Wise now! But Redknapp wants a
>>> leader, so good luck to them.
>>> this weekend was Leonardo baptism, so no FM playing.
>>> will play tonight...
>>>

>> Give him a BIG HUG from me. I`ve been to a catholic thingy ones. Damn it
>> took forever..lol.
>
> it was a short ceremony only one hour
>
> --

how's the little dude doing?

Dy

Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:25:28 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward

>>> Give him a BIG HUG from me. I`ve been to a catholic thingy ones. Damn
>>> it
>>> took forever..lol.
>>
>> it was a short ceremony only one hour
>>
>> --
>
> how's the little dude doing?
>
> Dy

very well tks, it's great to be a young boy, you eat, you play, you sleep
:)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

> very well tks, it's great to be a young boy, you eat, you play, you sleep
> :)

i do that now! except i doubt your young'un is close to being fired for
doing the second one!

Dy

Em Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:39:46 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
<30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:

>> very well tks, it's great to be a young boy, you eat, you play, you
>> sleep
>> :)
>>

> i do that now! except i doubt your young'un is close to being fired for
> doing the second one!
>
> Dy

sure! :-D