Fido service slide

Last response: in Network Providers
January 22, 2005 10:40:39 AM

Every since Uncle Ted took over Fido, I have problems with City Fido.

I know he doesn't like us CityFido people, but the service has been
subjugated.

Every morning, I losed my signal. It just goes, no matter where I am.
The only way to get it back is to reboot the phone.

Once a day, I get the message Sim Card rejected. I again have to
reboot to get the signal back.

Anyone else have this problem? I got a new phone - same sim card - and
have the same problem.

More about : fido service slide

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:14:05 PM

Toronto....and I did replace the phone.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:47:35 PM

> Every since Uncle Ted took over Fido, I have problems with City Fido.

I haven't had any real issues since Rogers bought Microcell, what city are
you in?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:09:18 AM

"Tim G." wrote:
> Every morning, I losed my signal. It just goes, no matter where I am.
> The only way to get it back is to reboot the phone.

That seems to be a bug with the phone. Have you tried setting the phone
to roam only on Fido ? Perhaps your phone has a bug when it tries to
switch to rogers due to stronger signal, then Rogers/Fido block the
roaming and the phone then locks up when it tries to return to Fido.

I woudln't blame Fido/Rogers per say, just the fact that during the
process of integhration, there will be times where network changes will
affect some handsets in ways they shouldn't.

This week, my Siemens wouldn't lock onto GRPS anymore, even with turning
off and on for 30 seconds. Finally left it off for about 30 minutes and
then GPRTS returned normally.

> Once a day, I get the message Sim Card rejected. I again have to
> reboot to get the signal back.

Sim card rejected woudl normally only be seen when you turn the phone
on. Could be you have a deffective SIM card with poor contacts. Have you
tried to clean up the contacts with a bit of alchool ?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 9:39:42 AM

Strongly suggest you clean the SIM card.

Tim G. wrote:
> Every since Uncle Ted took over Fido, I have problems with City Fido.
>
> I know he doesn't like us CityFido people, but the service has been
> subjugated.
>
> Every morning, I losed my signal. It just goes, no matter where I am.
> The only way to get it back is to reboot the phone.
>
> Once a day, I get the message Sim Card rejected. I again have to
> reboot to get the signal back.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? I got a new phone - same sim card - and
> have the same problem.

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:57:23 PM

Citation de Tim G. [2005-01-22 10:40]:
> Every since Uncle Ted took over Fido, I have problems with City Fido.
>
> I know he doesn't like us CityFido people, but the service has been
> subjugated.
>
> Every morning, I losed my signal. It just goes, no matter where I am.
> The only way to get it back is to reboot the phone.
>
> Once a day, I get the message Sim Card rejected. I again have to
> reboot to get the signal back.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? I got a new phone - same sim card - and
> have the same problem.

À Montréal, j'ai eu exactement le même problème à peu près au moment ou
l'annonce d'achat à été faite. Ça a duré environ une semaine et c'est
revenu à la normal. Je suppose que c'est du à des travaux sur le réseau!?

--
EnleveR_legabier@EnleveR_gmail.com (Devinez ce qu'il faut enlever_..)
À mort Outlook Express, il y a maintenant Thunderbird en français !

City Fido has been scaled back since Rogers took over and therefore
everyone on City Fido has the sameproblems..lack of reception!!. I have
been told by Fido managers that if I want the same kind of reception
that I had before I now have to go to a different plan and basically
pay more. I am currently talking to a lawyer that deals with class
action law and I would be interested on learning more about City Fido
unhappy customers.

--
Octavio
Anonymous

Octavio wrote:
> City Fido has been scaled back since Rogers took over and therefore
> everyone on City Fido has the sameproblems..lack of reception!!

Didn't see a current, more-relevent thread for this little
frustration, so I thought I'd post it here. :-)

I was driving through Kitchener, talking on my Siemens M55 with a
friend in Aurora (near Barrie, Ontario.) Less than 5 kilometers from
the center of the city, as I was leaving the expressway, I lost the call.

I looked at the display and I had only 1 bar. In the middle of the
f***ing city?!

I wasn't under a bridge or anything like that. There was nothing
remarkable about the nearby landscape to account for it.

It might be relevent to note that about5 years ago, when I was with
Rogers, I was passing through the almost exact same spot and not only
lost the person I was speaking with, but found myself suddenly talking
with someone else. It was quite a shock for both of us. In that
instance I *had* just passed beneath two expressway overpasses in quick
succession.

There ya go. :-D

ttyl,
Amur_