upgraded vaio from win 98 se to xp pro.
tried to install norton antivirus 2003
I received the following error:'Error 1606 Could Not Access Network Location
'. How do I fix this?

"jstech" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message
> upgraded vaio from win 98 se to xp pro.
> tried to install norton antivirus 2003
> I received the following error:'Error 1606 Could Not Access Network
> Location
> '. How do I fix this?

Use a more up to date anti-virus program to protect yourself. AVG is free,
and there are other free programs too.

See if this helps:

"Error 1606. Could not access network location <common administrative
tools>. All users\" error message when you install a program:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B315352

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User