G07 problems. Anyone care to share knowledge

I have a G07-CBO 19" that was blowing the smaller fuse so I put in a "get
well kit"
Cap kit Flyback and H.O.T. along with a Hor. width coil.
Now it is not blowing the fuse anymore, and it "is" working kind of.
BUT I for the life of me can not turn down the brightness at all and when I
try it appears to be messing with the focus somehow.
ALSO there is raster lines all over the place and I assume that sence I can
not turn the brightness down they will not go away.
I have never had to go into a monitor this far so I am in new territory.
What should I be looking for?

I have already tested all the connections / traces to the flyback and they
appear to be fine.

I had a similar (not quite the same) problem with a G07 not too long
ago. Turned out to be some cold solder joints on the neckboard - the
connector was a little loose as a result. So I re-flowed all of the
solder joints that held the connector on the neck board and now she
works like a charm.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure you are turning down the
brightness? The G07 flyback has two controls, screen and focus. You want
to turn down screen. Also, you might want to check the color controls on
the neckboard. If one of those is cranked up too high, you will see retrace
lines in that color.

"Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
>I have a G07-CBO 19" that was blowing the smaller fuse so I put in a "get
> well kit"
> Cap kit Flyback and H.O.T. along with a Hor. width coil.
> Now it is not blowing the fuse anymore, and it "is" working kind of.
> BUT I for the life of me can not turn down the brightness at all and when
> try it appears to be messing with the focus somehow.
> ALSO there is raster lines all over the place and I assume that sence I
> can
> not turn the brightness down they will not go away.
> I have never had to go into a monitor this far so I am in new territory.
> What should I be looking for?
>
> I have already tested all the connections / traces to the flyback and they
> appear to be fine.

Well I had also thought of that but it said screen so that is what I was
moving.
Here is another little funny
the focus does make the pic blurry and focuses but so does the screen
control.......... what is up with that?
"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure you are turning down the
> brightness? The G07 flyback has two controls, screen and focus. You want
> to turn down screen. Also, you might want to check the color controls on
> the neckboard. If one of those is cranked up too high, you will see
retrace
> lines in that color.
>
> "Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
> >I have a G07-CBO 19" that was blowing the smaller fuse so I put in a "get
> > well kit"
> > Cap kit Flyback and H.O.T. along with a Hor. width coil.
> > Now it is not blowing the fuse anymore, and it "is" working kind of.
> > BUT I for the life of me can not turn down the brightness at all and
when
> > try it appears to be messing with the focus somehow.
> > ALSO there is raster lines all over the place and I assume that sence I
> > can
> > not turn the brightness down they will not go away.
> > I have never had to go into a monitor this far so I am in new territory.
> > What should I be looking for?
> >
> > I have already tested all the connections / traces to the flyback and
they
> > appear to be fine.

Well as it turns out, I need better glasses.
There was one questionable connection on the flyback So I re-flowed all of
them and a few more on the neckboard and, as Emeril would say "BAM" came
right on and is looking better that I would have thought it would.
Thank you all for your input, it was needed.

"Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in message
> I had a similar (not quite the same) problem with a G07 not too long
> ago. Turned out to be some cold solder joints on the neckboard - the
> connector was a little loose as a result. So I re-flowed all of the
> solder joints that held the connector on the neck board and now she
> works like a charm.

Sounds like something in the flyback. Maybe try swapping in another.

> Well I had also thought of that but it said screen so that is what I was
> moving.
> Here is another little funny
> the focus does make the pic blurry and focuses but so does the screen
> control.......... what is up with that?
> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>> I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure you are turning down
>> the
>> brightness? The G07 flyback has two controls, screen and focus. You
>> want
>> to turn down screen. Also, you might want to check the color controls on
>> the neckboard. If one of those is cranked up too high, you will see
> retrace
>> lines in that color.
>>
>> "Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a G07-CBO 19" that was blowing the smaller fuse so I put in a
>> >"get
>> > well kit"
>> > Cap kit Flyback and H.O.T. along with a Hor. width coil.
>> > Now it is not blowing the fuse anymore, and it "is" working kind of.
>> > BUT I for the life of me can not turn down the brightness at all and
> when
>> > try it appears to be messing with the focus somehow.
>> > ALSO there is raster lines all over the place and I assume that sence I
>> > can
>> > not turn the brightness down they will not go away.
>> > I have never had to go into a monitor this far so I am in new
>> > territory.
>> > What should I be looking for?
>> >
>> > I have already tested all the connections / traces to the flyback and
> they
>> > appear to be fine.

Change the FBT again

--
Art
"Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
> Well I had also thought of that but it said screen so that is what I was
> moving.
> Here is another little funny
> the focus does make the pic blurry and focuses but so does the screen
> control.......... what is up with that?
> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>> I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure you are turning down
>> the
>> brightness? The G07 flyback has two controls, screen and focus. You
>> want
>> to turn down screen. Also, you might want to check the color controls on
>> the neckboard. If one of those is cranked up too high, you will see
> retrace
>> lines in that color.
>>
>> "Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a G07-CBO 19" that was blowing the smaller fuse so I put in a
>> >"get
>> > well kit"
>> > Cap kit Flyback and H.O.T. along with a Hor. width coil.
>> > Now it is not blowing the fuse anymore, and it "is" working kind of.
>> > BUT I for the life of me can not turn down the brightness at all and
> when
>> > try it appears to be messing with the focus somehow.
>> > ALSO there is raster lines all over the place and I assume that sence I
>> > can
>> > not turn the brightness down they will not go away.
>> > I have never had to go into a monitor this far so I am in new
>> > territory.
>> > What should I be looking for?
>> >
>> > I have already tested all the connections / traces to the flyback and
> they
>> > appear to be fine.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

"Darren and Shelly Anderson" <darren@gondtc.com> wrote in message
> Well I had also thought of that but it said screen so that is what I was
> moving.
> Here is another little funny
> the focus does make the pic blurry and focuses but so does the screen
> control.......... what is up with that?

Normal, the more voltage you put into a tube, the more electrons are exited
and collide more to throw it out of focus.

TRENDING THREADS