"Program" folder keeps opening when starting Windows XP

June 15, 2005 1:47:05 AM

Hello,

Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime. Can't
seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:24:58 PM

Nav,

Type MSINFO32 in Start/Run. Under Software Environment, select "Startup
Programs". Use the File > Export option to save the listing to a TXT file.
Post the information here.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"Nav" <Nav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime.
> Can't
> seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:22:04 PM

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the the info. Looks like I've figured out which 'program' folder
is opening up, it's a canon photo software program. I've gotten to the part
where the export as window comes up, it's asking for a file name, which is
where i'm stumped (sorry not very computer savy). The file is listed as
OmniPage program and the command for it is d:o pware32.exe, I guess exactly
what am i putting in the export as window in the file name section and where
should I put it? Hope this makes sense. Thanks a many in advance.

Nav

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Nav,
>
> Type MSINFO32 in Start/Run. Under Software Environment, select "Startup
> Programs". Use the File > Export option to save the listing to a TXT file.
> Post the information here.
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>
> "Nav" <Nav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime.
> > Can't
> > seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:22:44 PM

Nav,

>> export as window comes up, it's asking for a file name,

If you're referring to the MSINFO32's File Export window, then simply
type-in a file name (startup.txt) and save it. BTW, you can manage startup
programs using MSCONFIG utility.

--

!