"Program" folder keeps opening when starting Windows XP

Hello,

Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime. Can't
seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about program folder opening starting windows

    Nav,

    Type MSINFO32 in Start/Run. Under Software Environment, select "Startup
    Programs". Use the File > Export option to save the listing to a TXT file.
    Post the information here.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Nav" <Nav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime.
    > Can't
    > seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Ramesh,

    Thanks for the the info. Looks like I've figured out which 'program' folder
    is opening up, it's a canon photo software program. I've gotten to the part
    where the export as window comes up, it's asking for a file name, which is
    where i'm stumped (sorry not very computer savy). The file is listed as
    OmniPage program and the command for it is d:opware32.exe, I guess exactly
    what am i putting in the export as window in the file name section and where
    should I put it? Hope this makes sense. Thanks a many in advance.

    Nav

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Nav,
    >
    > Type MSINFO32 in Start/Run. Under Software Environment, select "Startup
    > Programs". Use the File > Export option to save the listing to a TXT file.
    > Post the information here.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >
    > "Nav" <Nav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime.
    > > Can't
    > > seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Nav,

    >> export as window comes up, it's asking for a file name,

    If you're referring to the MSINFO32's File Export window, then simply
    type-in a file name (startup.txt) and save it. BTW, you can manage startup
    programs using MSCONFIG utility.

    --

    > Hi Ramesh,
    >
    > Thanks for the the info. Looks like I've figured out which 'program'
    > folder
    > is opening up, it's a canon photo software program. I've gotten to the
    > part
    > where the export as window comes up, it's asking for a file name, which is
    > where i'm stumped (sorry not very computer savy). The file is listed as
    > OmniPage program and the command for it is d:opware32.exe, I guess exactly
    > what am i putting in the export as window in the file name section and
    > where
    > should I put it? Hope this makes sense. Thanks a many in advance.
    >
    > Nav
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Nav,
    >>
    >> Type MSINFO32 in Start/Run. Under Software Environment, select "Startup
    >> Programs". Use the File > Export option to save the listing to a TXT
    >> file.
    >> Post the information here.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    >>
    >> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >>
    >> "Nav" <Nav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > Recently when I start up XP, the "Program" folder opens up everytime.
    >> > Can't
    >> > seem to figure out how it happened and how to stop it.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Support Microsoft Windows XP