Can't Restore Fast User Switching

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

My XP installation has lost the ability to do fast switching between users.
My girlfriend and I use the same machine and we each have our own user
accounts on this machine. For some reason we've lost the ability to Fast
Switch between our user accounts. I've been into Control Panel User Accounts
but selecing the right things there for enabling fast switching aren't
working.

Also in System Properties Advanced the Administrator user account no longer
show, and it doesn't show in Control Panel Users. If I search for it in
System Properties Advanced Copy To etc. I can see that this user account is
still registered on the machine.

????

Thanks,

- SJ

kenneth

Open the control pannel tab, select the Administrator Options tab, Select the
Services tab. You may want to click the standard field in the lower right
screen to continue. click on the status tab on the top of the right screen to
sort the services according to started and stopped. Scroll down till you see
the service Fast user switching, select it with a right click and start it.
If you have diffulculty check to see your service for internet connection
sharing is not started, And further issues would be addressed in the Server
Administration link for your GPOL.MMC group policy settings to control alot
of this. Your Help and assistance link will walk you through this, how ever
if you are not familar with this however you should study up befor attempting
to edit the group policies you could cause far worse issues for your self.

Good Luck
--
MCSE II @ CNS-BHC.com For DOD NMCI IFS Support Staff.

"SJ" wrote:

> My XP installation has lost the ability to do fast switching between users.
> My girlfriend and I use the same machine and we each have our own user
> accounts on this machine. For some reason we've lost the ability to Fast
> Switch between our user accounts. I've been into Control Panel User Accounts
> but selecing the right things there for enabling fast switching aren't
> working.
>
> Also in System Properties Advanced the Administrator user account no longer
> show, and it doesn't show in Control Panel Users. If I search for it in
> System Properties Advanced Copy To etc. I can see that this user account is
> still registered on the machine.
>
> ????
>
> Thanks,
>
> - SJ