pc reboots at startup

I've checked some sites to find my problem but it didn't quite work out...
My problem is that my pc reboots at startup, this is not such a big problem
since it's only at the startup, only a little annoying. I was wondering if it
can be bad for my pc and what might be the cause. I thought it could be my
power suply (300 watts). But that's me saying that, and I don't know that
much when it comes to things like this.
Could you please help me out?
p.s. (OS = winxp SP2, pentium4 2,6 HT, ati radeon 9800 pro, asus motherboard
deluxe series, 1 gig of ddr-ram(don't know the brand), one dvd-rom player,
floppy drive, 2 cooling vans, a few usb-ports and the 300 watts power suply)
that might help you...

Thanks in advance,
Reinier Verhoog
2 answers Last reply
More about reboots startup

    This could be many different things from hardware to cmos settings and
    anything in between.
    Start here. Start/run type in eventvwr click ok. Look for anything with a
    red x. trouble shoot from there if anything corresponds.
    Also try this
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=reboots+at+startup&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False&x=15&y=17

    "Hunter" <Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've checked some sites to find my problem but it didn't quite work out...
    > My problem is that my pc reboots at startup, this is not such a big
    > problem
    > since it's only at the startup, only a little annoying. I was wondering if
    > it
    > can be bad for my pc and what might be the cause. I thought it could be my
    > power suply (300 watts). But that's me saying that, and I don't know that
    > much when it comes to things like this.
    > Could you please help me out?
    > p.s. (OS = winxp SP2, pentium4 2,6 HT, ati radeon 9800 pro, asus
    > motherboard
    > deluxe series, 1 gig of ddr-ram(don't know the brand), one dvd-rom player,
    > floppy drive, 2 cooling vans, a few usb-ports and the 300 watts power
    > suply)
    > that might help you...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Reinier Verhoog

    I forgot to mention this
    1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
    3. Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and
    then click OK. The error message should remain on the screen so that you can
    record the error information.

    See what kind of errors you are getting and go from there.

    "Hunter" <Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've checked some sites to find my problem but it didn't quite work out...
    > My problem is that my pc reboots at startup, this is not such a big
    > problem
    > since it's only at the startup, only a little annoying. I was wondering if
    > it
    > can be bad for my pc and what might be the cause. I thought it could be my
    > power suply (300 watts). But that's me saying that, and I don't know that
    > much when it comes to things like this.
    > Could you please help me out?
    > p.s. (OS = winxp SP2, pentium4 2,6 HT, ati radeon 9800 pro, asus
    > motherboard
    > deluxe series, 1 gig of ddr-ram(don't know the brand), one dvd-rom player,
    > floppy drive, 2 cooling vans, a few usb-ports and the 300 watts power
    > suply)
    > that might help you...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Reinier Verhoog