Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dell Inspiron 5520 IN-RD31-6263 for the Sims 3

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 17, 2012 8:13:48 PM

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop that will be able to handle the Sims 3 games- including all expansions packs.

I looked at some laptop choices in my budget range and the Dell Inspiron 5520 IN-RD31-6263 looks like a suitable one for me, but unfortunately I'm no expert so I need some help before making the final decision.

Is this a good choice, or should I look for something else?

Is the i7 really better than the i5? Should I get an i5 and maybe look for a different graphic card? Should I focus on something else maybe because I really want to enjoy playing the Sims 3 on high graphic settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
October 18, 2012 9:26:38 PM

Just make sure that the laptop meets all the requirements to play the game. usually they list on the box what is minimum required and then what is recommended. go by the recommended specs they provide and even go above if you can.
m
l
October 18, 2012 10:05:58 PM

penguintech said:
Just make sure that the laptop meets all the requirements to play the game. usually they list on the box what is minimum required and then what is recommended. go by the recommended specs they provide and even go above if you can.

Well, my current Lenovo g550 meets the requirements, but I play on the lowest graphic settings and it still lags.
I'm looking for a laptop that can handle the game in high settings...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 433 D Laptop
October 19, 2012 5:01:12 AM

Hmmm... looks that laptop model is exclusive to Israel.

It is more than enough to play the Sims 3 since it has a quad core i7-3612QM and a Radeon HD 7670m. It only has a 1366x768 resolution screen though.

The Sims 3 only uses 1 core so if that is the primary game you will be playing, then you really do not need a quad core CPU. A dual core CPU will be fine for games. I use my dual core i5-2410m to play games and it does just fine. I do recommend looking for a screen with a higher resolution like 1600x900. My 14" Lenovo Y470 only has a 1366x768 resolution screen and I find it to be a bit restrictive when I am trying to multitask. Surfing the web with a low resolution like that is okay, but even for that I would like a higher resolution so that I can see more things on the screen at once.
October 19, 2012 8:29:27 PM

Best answer selected by NG1410.
m
l
October 19, 2012 8:36:45 PM

Thank you for your answer :) 

I will try and see if I can find a laptop with a higher resolution, but currently this laptop meets all the other requirements, and it is within my budget limit.

I will be glad to hear other laptop recommendations.
m
l
!