Windows XP - Wipe C Drive To Cure Slow System

Can anyone advise the best way to reformat my C Drive and reload Windows XP.
I've used this process successfully on previous PCs (with FDISK), but can't
see how to do it with Windows XP. My system runs very slowly & has other
spurious problems. I have backed up all folders to an external hard drive.
Windows is pre-installed on the C Drive - I don't have a CD to load / copy
from.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Please don't suggest I use any 'Help' functions....one problem I have is
that attempts to access help files on my PC get no response !!
--
Cheers, Bellanade

"Bellanade" <Bellanade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone advise the best way to reformat my C Drive and reload Windows
> XP.
> I've used this process successfully on previous PCs (with FDISK), but
> can't
> see how to do it with Windows XP. My system runs very slowly & has other
> spurious problems. I have backed up all folders to an external hard drive.
> Windows is pre-installed on the C Drive - I don't have a CD to load / copy
> from.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Please don't suggest I use any 'Help' functions....one problem I have is
> that attempts to access help files on my PC get no response !!
> --
> Cheers, Bellanade

Set your CD-drive as first boot in BIOS. Insert the Windows Installation CD
into the drive, and reboot the system. When you see a prompt that says
"Press any key to boot from CD", press any button, and then follow the
prompts on the screen. Be advised that OEM disks will behave differently
than Retail disks, so be sure to read your options carefully.

Bobby

OEMS usually don't ask for a product key.

Bellanade Wrote:
> Can anyone advise the best way to reformat my C Drive and reload Windows
> XP.
> I've used this process successfully on previous PCs (with FDISK), but
> can't
> see how to do it with Windows XP. My system runs very slowly & has
> other
> spurious problems. I have backed up all folders to an external hard
> drive.
> Windows is pre-installed on the C Drive - I don't have a CD to load /
> copy
> from.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Please don't suggest I use any 'Help' functions....one problem I have
> is
> that attempts to access help files on my PC get no response !!
> --
> Cheers, Bellanade

I use my old NT Boot disk and it's version of Fdisk than use my windows
98 boot disk and it's fdisk and format and it works everytime.
Keith

--
tipper73