2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1280 x 800 or 1366 x 768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
at least 3h
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, online games such as League of Legends and some strategy games (starcraft, sins of a solar empire, company of heroes)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
watch HD movies/videos, reading/writing long documents
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb? open for suggestions
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. www.dell.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Im currently using a macbook pro 13 inch, but it's borrowed, in my opinion its a good laptop but it's more suited for graphics designers than a lawyer who does a lot of reading and some stress relief gaming
13. What country do you live in?
I travel frequently between Mexico, the US and Canada, but my family live currently at Mexico, so it would be easier to buy one there.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I spend most of my time with my laptop so portable should be the choice, but I also need it to fill the role of a desktop
I was thinking about Dell inspiron 14z but I'm not totally convinced by it
I'll appreciate any help and suggestions you can give me
If you are going to go with a Dell, I would suggest something from the business line and not the consumer grade inspiron line. The latitudes / Vostro's last much longer, are built better, and can take a beating if you are doing alot of travelling with it.