Transfer e-mail files from old computer to new computer.

June 15, 2005 4:38:00 PM

My old computer ran Outlook Express v5.5 on Windows95. The new computer runs
Outlook Express v6 on Windows XP. I am completely perplexed on the problem
of how to transfer all my e-mail files (Inbox and Sent Box) from the old
computer to the new one. I must do this, as I frequently need to refer to my
old e-mails for business purposes. Could you please provide information,
advice and instruction on how to transfer the e-mail files?

There is a similar problem with the transfer of my Favorites folder in
Internet Explorer v5.5 on Windows 95, to the Internet Explorer v6 on Windows
XP. I have started to do this manually, but it is very tedious. With about
300 favorites listed, I have already worked for 4 hours, and am only
half-way through the job. Any ideas on automating this process will be
appreciated.

Richard Chambers Leeds UK.
June 15, 2005 4:38:01 PM

In news:%23mkuw6ZcFHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Dick Chambers <richard.chambers7@ntlworld.com> had this to say:

> My old computer ran Outlook Express v5.5 on Windows95. The new
> computer runs Outlook Express v6 on Windows XP. I am completely
> perplexed on the problem of how to transfer all my e-mail files
> (Inbox and Sent Box) from the old computer to the new one. I must do
> this, as I frequently need to refer to my old e-mails for business
> purposes. Could you please provide information, advice and
> instruction on how to transfer the e-mail files?
> There is a similar problem with the transfer of my Favorites folder in
> Internet Explorer v5.5 on Windows 95, to the Internet Explorer v6 on
> Windows XP. I have started to do this manually, but it is very
> tedious. With about 300 favorites listed, I have already worked for 4
> hours, and am only half-way through the job. Any ideas on automating
> this process will be appreciated.
>
> Richard Chambers Leeds UK.

Outlook Express:

http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/

If that doesn't do it then Google and find a copy (now offline but a couple
of sites still had it) his OE Freebie Backup...

As for IE stop wasting time...

Open IE > Import and Export > Next > Export Favorites. (reverse the process
to get them with your other computer.) (That should save you some time.)

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!