bomb jack graphics problem

WINNER

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

I have (or will have) a Bomb Jack. Game plays fine.. all the sprites,
etc are clear, etc.

The background images however are garbled and blocky in spots.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what to try aside from pulling and
reseating roms which I will do when I get the machine... though info
on which roms control the background images would be helpful.

Anyone have abombjack manual... or link to one?

thanks.
k.

The manual and schematics are on my web site

http://www.bombjack.org/games/bombjack/

David Haynes
dlh@bombjack.org

www.bombjack.org

On 5 Aug 2005 07:46:10 -0700, winner@soulshot.com wrote:

>I have (or will have) a Bomb Jack. Game plays fine.. all the sprites,
>etc are clear, etc.
>
>The background images however are garbled and blocky in spots.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestion on what to try aside from pulling and
>reseating roms which I will do when I get the machine... though info
>on which roms control the background images would be helpful.
>
>Anyone have abombjack manual... or link to one?
>
>thanks.
>k.

thanks.
got them from there yesterday. ;)
cool site!

keith.

"David Haynes" <dlh@bombjack.org> wrote in message
> The manual and schematics are on my web site
>
> http://www.bombjack.org/games/bombjack/
>
> David Haynes
> dlh@bombjack.org
>
> www.bombjack.org
>

> On 5 Aug 2005 07:46:10 -0700, winner@soulshot.com wrote:
>
>>I have (or will have) a Bomb Jack. Game plays fine.. all the sprites,
>>etc are clear, etc.
>>
>>The background images however are garbled and blocky in spots.
>>
>>Does anyone have any suggestion on what to try aside from pulling and
>>reseating roms which I will do when I get the machine... though info
>>on which roms control the background images would be helpful.
>>
>>Anyone have abombjack manual... or link to one?
>>
>>thanks.
>>k.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

without having a pcb in front of me, the usual suspects are the background
rom (check the legs, had one with most of the legs on the roms rotting off.
Bad batch??) , but of late I have had a couple with bad 2116 (background
ram).