Task Bar Size

June 15, 2005 8:57:36 AM

Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
it's original config.

Thanks,

brody

More about : task bar size

June 15, 2005 1:25:37 PM

In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
> single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
> more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
> it's original config.
>
> Thanks,
>
> brody

Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the top-most
part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag it by
left-click/hold back down into position.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:25:38 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
>brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>> Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
>> single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
>> more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
>> it's original config.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> brody
>
>Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the top-most
>part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag it by
>left-click/hold back down into position.
>
>Galen

I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??

brody
Related resources
June 15, 2005 8:02:13 PM

In news:3nd0b1difvc34c3n25f7ctu2u41ui27ga0@4ax.com,
brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
>> brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>>> Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
>>> single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
>>> more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back
>>> to it's original config.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> brody
>>
>> Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the
>> top-most part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag
>> it by left-click/hold back down into position.
>>
>> Galen
>
> I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
> I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
> it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??
>
> brody

Maybe but it doesn't make a lot of sense. How long has this been happening?
I suppose you could try to restore to an earlier time or make a new profile
and copy your old one over if you have too much of a problem. At the same
time you should be able to easily move it back down to where it's supposed
to be. I can't say that I've ever seen it not go back down before but then
again I haven't seen everything.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:24:20 AM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:02:13 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In news:3nd0b1difvc34c3n25f7ctu2u41ui27ga0@4ax.com,
>brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
>>> brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:
>>>
>>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

>>> Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the
>>> top-most part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag
>>> it by left-click/hold back down into position.
>>>
>>> Galen
>>
>> I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
>> I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
>> it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??
>>
>> brody
>
>Maybe but it doesn't make a lot of sense. How long has this been happening?
>I suppose you could try to restore to an earlier time or make a new profile
>and copy your old one over if you have too much of a problem. At the same
>time you should be able to easily move it back down to where it's supposed
>to be. I can't say that I've ever seen it not go back down before but then
>again I haven't seen everything.
>
>Galen

I've found that if I disable the "Quick Launch" feature I can then get
the TB to the correct size--so I guess I'll just do without the QL.
BTW the "Restore to an Earlier Time" has a problem. My former restore
dates have all gone away. :-( Maybe it's time to tackle the Recovery
Wizard.

Thanks,

brody
!