Task Bar Size

Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
it's original config.

Thanks,

brody
4 answers Last reply
More about task size

    In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
    brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
    > single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
    > more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
    > it's original config.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > brody

    Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the top-most
    part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag it by
    left-click/hold back down into position.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
    >brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    >> Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
    >> single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
    >> more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back to
    >> it's original config.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> brody
    >
    >Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the top-most
    >part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag it by
    >left-click/hold back down into position.
    >
    >Galen

    I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
    I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
    it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??

    brody

    In news:3nd0b1difvc34c3n25f7ctu2u41ui27ga0@4ax.com,
    brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
    >> brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    >>> Somehow I made the Task Bar double size, that is, it's no longer a
    >>> single line but a double one. I can make it disapear or even cover
    >>> more of the DT with it, but I can't figure out how to get it back
    >>> to it's original config.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> brody
    >>
    >> Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the
    >> top-most part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag
    >> it by left-click/hold back down into position.
    >>
    >> Galen
    >
    > I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
    > I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
    > it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??
    >
    > brody

    Maybe but it doesn't make a lot of sense. How long has this been happening?
    I suppose you could try to restore to an earlier time or make a new profile
    and copy your old one over if you have too much of a problem. At the same
    time you should be able to easily move it back down to where it's supposed
    to be. I can't say that I've ever seen it not go back down before but then
    again I haven't seen everything.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:02:13 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >In news:3nd0b1difvc34c3n25f7ctu2u41ui27ga0@4ax.com,
    >brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    >> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:25:37 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:cj50b1d0d57g25mj31e42779t6esmi3dro@4ax.com,
    >>> brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> had this to say:
    >>>
    >>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

    >>> Right click it, make sure it's unlocked, move the mouse over the
    >>> top-most part of the taskbar until it becomes a vertical arrow, drag
    >>> it by left-click/hold back down into position.
    >>>
    >>> Galen
    >>
    >> I tried that several times, but like I said it just disappears. When
    >> I drag it back it immediately goes to double size and it won't stop
    >> it's movement at the original size. Something is corrupted maybe??
    >>
    >> brody
    >
    >Maybe but it doesn't make a lot of sense. How long has this been happening?
    >I suppose you could try to restore to an earlier time or make a new profile
    >and copy your old one over if you have too much of a problem. At the same
    >time you should be able to easily move it back down to where it's supposed
    >to be. I can't say that I've ever seen it not go back down before but then
    >again I haven't seen everything.
    >
    >Galen

    I've found that if I disable the "Quick Launch" feature I can then get
    the TB to the correct size--so I guess I'll just do without the QL.
    BTW the "Restore to an Earlier Time" has a problem. My former restore
    dates have all gone away. :-( Maybe it's time to tackle the Recovery
    Wizard.

    Thanks,

    brody

Microsoft Windows XP