Here we go again...

June 15, 2005 9:52:02 AM

I have WIndows Updates set to notify me before downloading and before
installing updates. When I received notification that there were new updates
to be downloaded and installed, I clicked on the notification icon and the
download started but it never progressed further than o% when I placed my
mouse pointer over the icon in the notification area. After about 15 seconds
the notification icon disappeared.

I'm certain that the download did not complete or install because when I go
to the Windows Update page, it notifies me of "high priority updates" that
need to be downloaded and installed.

I had this same issue about a month ago with "Automatic Updates"...I had to
install from the Windows Update page.

Can anyone instruct me as to how to get Automatic Updates to work properly
without having to go through the Windows Update page to install.

More about : question

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:46:48 PM

The new update service from Microsoft that automatically updates
Windows, Office and a number of other popular Microsoft software titles
is now active. The new site operates very similar to Windows Update as
users have the ability to choose which updates they want to be
downloaded or they can elect to have the software automatically choose
for them.
The new service can be reached at;
'Microsoft Update now live ' (http://update.microsoft.com)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

June 15, 2005 4:32:16 PM

Thanks for the link...it still did not correct the problem.

"Treeman" wrote:

> The new update service from Microsoft that automatically updates
> Windows, Office and a number of other popular Microsoft software titles
> is now active. The new site operates very similar to Windows Update as
> users have the ability to choose which updates they want to be
> downloaded or they can elect to have the software automatically choose
> for them.
> The new service can be reached at;
> 'Microsoft Update now live ' (http://update.microsoft.com)
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

June 16, 2005 11:50:10 PM

update...i received notification this morining of new updates to be
downloaded and installed. updates downloaded and were installed.

thanks for your help.