Media Player wants to open all programmes

cant seem to run any programmes when trying to open them it opens in media
player with error message can opnly get programmes to run if I right click on
prog and then click run as also notice that when I do right click on
programme there is a play option HELP HELP HELP
1 answer Last reply
More about media player open programmes

    Windows® XP File Association Fixes
    Copyright 2003 - Doug Knox

    EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1CCADAFC-B368-4E26-9D61-F20C029C08E8@microsoft.com,
    cars2552 <cars2552@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > cant seem to run any programmes when trying to open them it opens in media
    > player with error message can opnly get programmes to run if I right
    > click on prog and then click run as also notice that when I do right
    > click on programme there is a play option HELP HELP HELP

Media Player Windows XP