Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can you remove default header when sending url link?

Tags:
  • Default
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 11:36:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I just want the link sent. Currently my OE6 reads:
__________
"The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: http://my.yahoo.com/index.html

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are handled. "
__________

Why can't it just say:
__________
"http://my.yahoo.com/index.html"
__________

and be done with it? I relize I can copy the URL and paste it into a new
message, but that defeats the purpose of the Send the Link button. Must be a
reg hack for this somewhere. Any thoughts?

More about : remove default header sending url link

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:02:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Just copy and paste whatever link you want to send.

Do not use Send Link by E-mail.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5373B049-571D-4750-A4D0-0E46E9B659F3@microsoft.com,
gpshemi <gpshemi@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just want the link sent. Currently my OE6 reads:
> __________
> "The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
> attachments: Shortcut to: http://my.yahoo.com/index.html
>
> Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
> sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
> security settings to determine how attachments are handled. "
> __________
>
> Why can't it just say:
> __________
> "http://my.yahoo.com/index.html"
> __________
>
> and be done with it? I relize I can copy the URL and paste it into a new
> message, but that defeats the purpose of the Send the Link button. Must
> be a reg hack for this somewhere. Any thoughts?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:02:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I think I said that...
That's not an answer to the question. That work around defeats the purpose
of the send link button. There must be a way to have the send link button not
add all the extra in there. It never use to when I was using NT4.0 or older
versions of OE.



"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Just copy and paste whatever link you want to send.
>
> Do not use Send Link by E-mail.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:5373B049-571D-4750-A4D0-0E46E9B659F3@microsoft.com,
> gpshemi <gpshemi@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I just want the link sent. Currently my OE6 reads:
> > __________
> > "The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
> > attachments: Shortcut to: http://my.yahoo.com/index.html
> >
> > Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
> > sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
> > security settings to determine how attachments are handled. "
> > __________
> >
> > Why can't it just say:
> > __________
> > "http://my.yahoo.com/index.html"
> > __________
> >
> > and be done with it? I relize I can copy the URL and paste it into a new
> > message, but that defeats the purpose of the Send the Link button. Must
> > be a reg hack for this somewhere. Any thoughts?
>
>
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:30:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Well, I don't bother using Send Link by E-mail. I copy and paste any links.

[[IE E-Mail Headache
The Annoyance: Internet Explorer 6 added 'Your files are attached and ready
to send with this message' to the body of every message I sent when I
clicked File, Send, Link by E-mail. Just as annoying, IE made the subject
'Emailing:', followed by a portion of the link text, instead of letting me
decide the subject.

The Fix: A Registry file will add an 'Email Page' option when you
right-click in IE. The message is the name and URL of the Web site, and the
subject is the name of the site. Go to Kelly Theriot's Registry Edits for
Windows XP site, and scroll to line 60, Email Page--IE, to download the
file.]]
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,112027,pg,3,...

File here...
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/SendPage.zip

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BCE30FEB-48E8-47E2-B510-A4A18D2DC396@microsoft.com,
gpshemi <gpshemi@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I think I said that...
> That's not an answer to the question. That work around defeats the purpose
> of the send link button. There must be a way to have the send link button
> not add all the extra in there. It never use to when I was using NT4.0 or
> older versions of OE.
>
>
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Just copy and paste whatever link you want to send.
>>
>> Do not use Send Link by E-mail.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:5373B049-571D-4750-A4D0-0E46E9B659F3@microsoft.com,
>> gpshemi <gpshemi@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I just want the link sent. Currently my OE6 reads:
>>> __________
>>> "The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
>>> attachments: Shortcut to: http://my.yahoo.com/index.html
>>>
>>> Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
>>> sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your
>>> e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. "
>>> __________
>>>
>>> Why can't it just say:
>>> __________
>>> "http://my.yahoo.com/index.html"
>>> __________
>>>
>>> and be done with it? I relize I can copy the URL and paste it into a new
>>> message, but that defeats the purpose of the Send the Link button. Must
>>> be a reg hack for this somewhere. Any thoughts?
Related resources
!