x boxes on internet pages

I am using windows xp when I open my home page or any web page, some of the
items are being blocked with a box with a red x inside. I must of changed
something. Please help me get rid of this. thank you

Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an HTML file :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDF149A5-FF7A-4DBF-A691-A9B06B8768D0@microsoft.com...
>I am using windows xp when I open my home page or any web page, some of the
> items are being blocked with a box with a red x inside. I must of changed
> something. Please help me get rid of this. thank you

pictures don't appear when expected. I don't get an error message.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an HTML file :
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461
>

> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDF149A5-FF7A-4DBF-A691-A9B06B8768D0@microsoft.com...
> >I am using windows xp when I open my home page or any web page, some of the
> > items are being blocked with a box with a red x inside. I must of changed
> > something. Please help me get rid of this. thank you

Have you read the article given?

Try changing the security level in your Internet Options settings- reduce
the level as appropriate.

> pictures don't appear when expected. I don't get an error message.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when
>> you open an HTML file :
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461
>>

>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy
>> "Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using windows xp when I open my home page or any web page, some of
>> >the
>> > items are being blocked with a box with a red x inside. I must of
>> > changed
>> > something. Please help me get rid of this. thank you

I still have the problem, I also get a message that I am not qualified to
access this page????????????

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> Have you read the article given?
>
> Try changing the security level in your Internet Options settings- reduce
> the level as appropriate.
>

> "Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > pictures don't appear when expected. I don't get an error message.
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when
> >> you open an HTML file :
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for Windows Antispy