DCOM error - Event ID 10005

June 15, 2005 12:13:41 PM

I to all,
I have winxp OS on a thinkpad IBM.
I saw a lot of errors (from the microsoft event viewer) all of the same

type:

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is
disabled
or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting
start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the
server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

This error repeates a lot of times in a day.
How can I resolve it?
Note that I don't have WWW and IIS services enabled in my laptop.

Thank you in advance
Anna

More about : dcom error event 10005

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:20:22 AM

When you are offline, various DCOM apps will try to update online, and issue that error. It's reported an an Event, just like
everything else, but is not a relevant error, in terms of being something harmful, or needing correction. To stop it, you would have
to stay online.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!