TECH : Q*Bert Power Supply Problems Followup (Fixed)

Thanks to Troy, Matt, and Tim who replied to my original message on Sunday.

This turned out to be really, really stupid!

Anyway, Matt's suggestion put me on the right track.

"Another way to isolate the trouble is to pull out the power plug, and
connect your ohmmeter across the two main terminals. If both interlock
switches and the main power switch are on and okay, you should read only
about 20 ohms or so (give or take) on the meter. If the meter reads
infinity, check all the switches and fuse F1."

The phrase "main power swtich" was key, as I thought my on/off switch at
the top was actually a reset button. Turns out it was a broken on/off
swtich, that was stuck "on" until it decided it was time to be stuck "off".

I had been checking voltages at other locations and never got around to
opening that swtich up. Once I read that, and looked at the q*bert
parts list, noticing it had an on/off switch and not a reset button...
and noticing that on/off swtiches usually will hold a position... the
answers became clear.

Again thanks for the help.

Shawn

Sometimes the easiest things are the hardest things.

Glad to hear to figured it out.

-Tim