Can no longer delete/move or empty recycle bin

June 15, 2005 8:52:40 PM

I formatted and installed clean winXP Home with all the updates, AVG
free anti-virus, and spybot search and destroy and adaware. The
machine was working great and "she" was extremely pleased.

In a little over a month she has installed her Kodak camera and
software, a Logitech camera and software, a resume program, google
searchbar stuff and the yahoo package, as well as the MSN package,
since that is how she accesses the internet.

Problem is error messages when trying to delete a file, move a file,
or empty the recycle bin. Then it locks up Dr Watson. I disabled Dr
Watson, but there is still no deleting possible. BHR didn't reveal
anything unusual, I don't see any unusual programs or processes.
Everything looks fine, but it just doesn't work.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions to help me out? Thanks.

--

P and K
Anonymous

Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK /R

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!