Setup.exe

June 15, 2005 11:00:20 PM

Hello all, im in desperate need of help. Eveytime i try an install a
game from the autorun it says GO TO CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL AND
CONFIGURE SYSTEM COMPONETS. When i try and install the from exploring
the cdrom it says WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED PATH OR FILE YOU
MAY NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIAT PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE ITEM. Its like
the setup.exe will not start. My first thought is i might have some
files missing but not to clever on this sort of thing this is happening
on every game I buy. Any help would be most greatful.

--
jimmy

More about : setup exe

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:30:11 AM

With SP2 installed, running ActiveX apps from CD takes a special setting to allow it.

To disable the SP2 warning for running activeX on a local computer page, go to : IE, Tools menu, Options, Advanced Tab, -- scroll
down to the Security area, check the box for, "Allow active content to run from CD on My Computer"

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!