"Help and Support" not working

When I try to access "Help and Support" iget this message:

"Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not running.
To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support'."

The thing is, when I check in services, and try to start "Help and Support",
I get this message: "Could not start the help and suppor service on local
computer.
Error 1083: the executable program that this service is configured to run
does not implement the service".

This all happened after doing a repair reinstall. Any ideas as to how to get
it back?

Shane
2 answers Last reply
More about help support working

    =?Utf-8?B?amltZmxpbnQx?= Wrote:
    > When I try to access "Help and Support" iget this message:
    >
    > "Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not
    > running.
    > To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support'."
    >
    > The thing is, when I check in services, and try to start "Help and
    > Support",
    > I get this message: "Could not start the help and suppor service on
    > local
    > computer.
    > Error 1083: the executable program that this service is configured to
    > run
    > does not implement the service".
    >
    > This all happened after doing a repair reinstall. Any ideas as to how
    > to get
    > it back?
    >
    > Shane
    Did you change your password when you did the repair?

    --
    PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    No, I didn't.

    "PCDaddy" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?amltZmxpbnQx?= Wrote:
    > > When I try to access "Help and Support" iget this message:
    > >
    > > "Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not
    > > running.
    > > To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support'."
    > >
    > > The thing is, when I check in services, and try to start "Help and
    > > Support",
    > > I get this message: "Could not start the help and suppor service on
    > > local
    > > computer.
    > > Error 1083: the executable program that this service is configured to
    > > run
    > > does not implement the service".
    > >
    > > This all happened after doing a repair reinstall. Any ideas as to how
    > > to get
    > > it back?
    > >
    > > Shane
    > Did you change your password when you did the repair?
    >

    > --
    > PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Support Microsoft Windows XP