Total Crash

My son's eMachine appears to be toast. On startup you see the screen with
emachine logo - then Windows XP logo then it goes to a black screen with just
a white cursor. I have attempted to start in safe mode...I then get a
screen that has the words safe mode in all four corners and across the top is
a line as follows:
Microsoft(R)WindowsXP(R)Build2600.xpsp-sp2-gdr.050301-1519:ServicePack2)
This line overlaps the two top Safe Modes in the corners.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?TmFuY3lGLg==?= Wrote:
> My son's eMachine appears to be toast. On startup you see the screen
> with
> emachine logo - then Windows XP logo then it goes to a black screen
> with just
> a white cursor. I have attempted to start in safe mode...I then get a
> screen that has the words safe mode in all four corners and across the
> top is
> a line as follows:
> Microsoft(R)WindowsXP(R)Build2600.xpsp-sp2-gdr.050301-1519:ServicePack2)
> This line overlaps the two top Safe Modes in the corners.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.

I have an emachines, i'm on it right now, i had the exact same thing
happen to me, I sent it in and they said my motherboard was fried. They
did replace it. But that is coming from them. Someone else on here may
have a better idea. I don't know what model you have, i have the w2785
and desperately need a better cpu fan and exhaust fan. Temps out at
52c, that is a bit too high for me and i feel that's a problem with
these. Hope someone has a better idea for you but this is what
emachines claimed was the problem. I reset bios, tried fresh install,
nothing would work. Good luck to you.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Refer to instructions in the manual supplied as to recovering the Windows
installation, or contact the vendor..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"NancyF." <NancyF. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My son's eMachine appears to be toast. On startup you see the screen with
> emachine logo - then Windows XP logo then it goes to a black screen with
> just
> a white cursor. I have attempted to start in safe mode...I then get a
> screen that has the words safe mode in all four corners and across the top
> is
> a line as follows:
> Microsoft(R)WindowsXP(R)Build2600.xpsp-sp2-gdr.050301-1519:ServicePack2)
> This line overlaps the two top Safe Modes in the corners.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.

(This is a theory) emachines PCs are useless, i own one and it's had more
errors than i made in my last maths paper i took. It's had power issues of
every imaginable kind, power unit burning out and massive overheating. I am
now cursed by this bizarre "Refusal to startup" thing that plagues emachines.
Sorry guys, there's nothing we all can do. It's a better idea not to buy
something with "Economy" in the brand name. i am now going to go "re-program"
the useless thing with a very large butcher knife, goodnight.
Get a dell instead.