Can no longer use the Windows Update Function

Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides me
with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.
4 answers Last reply
More about longer windows update function

    Hi JG,

    See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    helps you to resolve the problem:
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides
    me
    > with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.

    I am also getting an error message ox80245003, I was trying to check the
    update page and I get this error, never saw it before, running xphome
    edition, sp2, ie6,just started happening, did not have a problem before.

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:,

    > Hi JG,
    >
    > See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    > helps you to resolve the problem:
    > http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides
    > me
    > > with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.

    Have a look at the post by TaurArian in this thread:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_thread/thread/fdac0d76391c5394/b1f2aba109964106

    Regards,

    --

    "qcanpc18" <qcanpc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am also getting an error message ox80245003, I was trying to check the
    > update page and I get this error, never saw it before, running xphome
    > edition, sp2, ie6,just started happening, did not have a problem before.
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:,
    >
    > > Hi JG,
    > >
    > > See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    > > helps you to resolve the problem:

    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system
    provides
    > > me
    > > > with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.

    Had I not lost power last night I would have used your post, however I did
    not have the file wuauclt.exe, so in 30 minutes after contacting free
    support, it got fixed, had to rename an administration file and that did it
    for me, however it wiped out my instalations from update page, however, not a
    problem because all the recent ones were in add or remove programs. You
    people are great, keep it up.Thanks Patt1

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Have a look at the post by TaurArian in this thread:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_thread/thread/fdac0d76391c5394/b1f2aba109964106
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "qcanpc18" <qcanpc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am also getting an error message ox80245003, I was trying to check the
    > > update page and I get this error, never saw it before, running xphome
    > > edition, sp2, ie6,just started happening, did not have a problem before.
    > >
    > > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:,
    > >
    > > > Hi JG,
    > > >
    > > > See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    > > > helps you to resolve the problem:
    > > >
    > http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en
    > > >

    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patti MacLeod
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > provides
    > > > me

Support Windows Update Microsoft Error Message Windows XP