Can no longer use the Windows Update Function

June 16, 2005 2:25:09 AM

Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides me
with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:33:18 AM

Hi JG,

See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
helps you to resolve the problem:
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showar...

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides
me
> with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 4:46:02 PM

I am also getting an error message ox80245003, I was trying to check the
update page and I get this error, never saw it before, running xphome
edition, sp2, ie6,just started happening, did not have a problem before.

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:,

> Hi JG,
>
> See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
> helps you to resolve the problem:
> http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showar...
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system provides
> me
> > with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.

June 26, 2005 4:38:04 PM

Have a look at the post by TaurArian in this thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

Regards,

--

"qcanpc18" <qcanpc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am also getting an error message ox80245003, I was trying to check the
> update page and I get this error, never saw it before, running xphome
> edition, sp2, ie6,just started happening, did not have a problem before.
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:,
>
> > Hi JG,
> >
> > See if the following information from the Windows Update Troubleshooter
> > helps you to resolve the problem:

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showar...

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Every time I try to use the Windows Update function, the system
provides
> > me
> > > with an error message - the message number is 0X80248011.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 4:38:05 PM

Had I not lost power last night I would have used your post, however I did
not have the file wuauclt.exe, so in 30 minutes after contacting free
support, it got fixed, had to rename an administration file and that did it
for me, however it wiped out my instalations from update page, however, not a
problem because all the recent ones were in add or remove programs. You
people are great, keep it up.Thanks Patt1

!