VHS Tapes to DVDs

Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
taped stuff onto DVDs
Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about tapes dvds

    > Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    > taped stuff onto DVDs
    > Thanks.

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/

    I am using Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe v9 to connect a VCR to the computer.
    Capture, edit, burn to DVD.

    "EB" <ebellety@access4less.net> wrote in message
    > Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    > taped stuff onto DVDs
    > Thanks.

    just ran across this the other day. worth a look

    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10163_7-5705957-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:37:22 -0800, EB <ebellety@access4less.net>
    wrote:

    >Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    >taped stuff onto DVDs
    >Thanks.

    DVD X Ripper

    Altho I haven't personally used this particular software, the promo
    leads me to believe that it's simple, inexpensive, and worth a try.
    I'm in the same sit so please post your decision and results.

    I'm dealing with an Inspiron 8600 w/o a AV-tuner card.

    "EB" <ebellety@access4less.net> wrote in message
    > Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    > taped stuff onto DVDs

    There are numerous pathways. Since you're posting here, you presumably want
    to do this on your PC, instead of just using a DVD recorder with your TV and
    VCR. On the PC, you'll need hardware to read the audio/video stream into the
    PC, where it can either be stored as an MPG file which will later be written
    to DVD, or you may be able to write immediately from the input video to the
    DVD. There is a lot of software, cheap and expensive, simple and complex, to
    do this. Take your pick. For video input on the PC, a cheap device is the
    Avermedia MDVDEZUSB DVD EZMaker Pro USB 2.0 External Video Capture Device:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009PGTC/cm_aya_asin.title/104-4718308-2697531?v=glance

    I've used this device, along with Roxio EZ-Creator, to capture data and burn
    it in a 2-step process. But you'll want to survey the field to find the
    device and software that works with your hardware and that you're
    comfortable with.

    Joe M wrote:
    >>Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    >>taped stuff onto DVDs
    >>Thanks.
    >
    > http://www.pinnaclesys.com/
    >
    > I am using Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe v9 to connect a VCR to the computer.
    > Capture, edit, burn to DVD.

    I have the same config and am very satisfied with it. There are *lots*
    of capture cards & editing/burning software on the market with people
    happy with some of it. Look around, then you pay your money & make your
    choice.

    Are you planning on a straight copy or do you think you might want to do
    some editing / consolidate multiple tapes onto 1 DVD, etc.?

    Post back if you have any questions.

    Sparky Spartacus wrote:

    > Joe M wrote:
    >
    >>> Can someone direct me to a program or site so that I can transfer my VHS
    >>> taped stuff onto DVDs
    >>> Thanks.
    >>

    >> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/
    >>
    >> I am using Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe v9 to connect a VCR to the
    >> computer.
    >> Capture, edit, burn to DVD.
    >

    > I have the same config and am very satisfied with it. There are *lots*
    > of capture cards & editing/burning software on the market with people
    > happy with some of it. Look around, then you pay your money & make your
    > choice.
    >
    > Are you planning on a straight copy or do you think you might want to do
    > some editing / consolidate multiple tapes onto 1 DVD, etc.?
    >
    > Post back if you have any questions.

    I have one quick question, how does the input device deal with
    Macrovision protected tapes? I have a particular VHS that isn't
    available on DVD (and probably will never be), that I want to extract to
    my computer. I'm not even itnerested in burning to DVD, just
    transcoding with Xvid to put on my Xbox. Honestly, I'm not too
    interested on the software side (I'll be using Linux), but I need to get
    the media onto the PC first.

    Thanks for all the replies.
    I now have something to work on.

    Nicholas Andrade wrote:

    > Sparky Spartacus wrote:

    >>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/
    >>>
    >>> I am using Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe v9 to connect a VCR to the
    >>> computer.
    >>> Capture, edit, burn to DVD.
    >>
    >> I have the same config and am very satisfied with it. There are *lots*
    >> of capture cards & editing/burning software on the market with people
    >> happy with some of it. Look around, then you pay your money & make
    >> your choice.
    >>
    >> Are you planning on a straight copy or do you think you might want to
    >> do some editing / consolidate multiple tapes onto 1 DVD, etc.?
    >>
    >> Post back if you have any questions.
    >
    > I have one quick question, how does the input device deal with
    > Macrovision protected tapes? I have a particular VHS that isn't
    > available on DVD (and probably will never be), that I want to extract to
    > my computer. I'm not even itnerested in burning to DVD, just
    > transcoding with Xvid to put on my Xbox. Honestly, I'm not too
    > interested on the software side (I'll be using Linux), but I need to get
    > the media onto the PC first.

    I didn't ignore your query, Nicholas, but I also haven't gotten the time
    to experiment with it, either. Sorry.

Dell Computers