Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

ASUS G75 or Lenovo Y580?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 19, 2012 8:13:03 PM

I thinking of getting a gaming/school computer, however I don't know which one to get. Lenovo is a lot cheaper but the G75 is faster. Any help would be nice. thanks

More about : asus g75 lenovo y580

a b D Laptop
October 19, 2012 8:17:36 PM

Can you give up portability for more power, or are you more concerned with the ability to lug it around everywhere you to?
Score
0
Related resources
October 19, 2012 8:57:37 PM

You mentioned the Y580 in the header, but there are different configurations. You could be a little more specific with which machines you are considering and put some links. You can get a sweet Y580 for under $1000 that includes GTX660, Core i7, 1080P display, Blu-Ray. It is a solid looking laptop for the price. I have considered it myself, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger.
Score
0
October 19, 2012 9:03:43 PM

www.sagernotebook.com

Take a look in there playing with the configs. I suggest taking a look in the 14" and 15.4" chassis.

Cheers!
Score
0

Best solution

October 19, 2012 9:26:41 PM

The asus is over priced or under speced. The sager NP9170 would be a good choice with the gtx675. It is the msi gt70 chassis if I remeber correctly. Its 1300 its a much better deal then the asus. and it will blow both out of the water. the asus you listed isn't any better for gaming then the lenovo. It says $1399 but it is $100 at checkout.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2012 9:40:33 PM

games?
Score
0
October 19, 2012 10:07:27 PM

calmlikeabomb said:
games?


Black Ops 2, Minecraft, League of Legends, TF2, BF3 etc
Score
0
October 19, 2012 10:08:46 PM

jackspeed said:
The asus is over priced or under speced. The sager NP9170 would be a good choice with the gtx675. It is the msi gt70 chassis if I remeber correctly. Its 1300 its a much better deal then the asus. and it will blow both out of the water. the asus you listed isn't any better for gaming then the lenovo. It says $1399 but it is $100 at checkout.


I really like it but its a little pricey plus the shipping.
Score
0
a b 4 Gaming
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2012 10:10:28 PM

Lenovo have a really good coupon for Canada now - check redflagforum (exclusive coupon)
Score
0
October 19, 2012 11:49:57 PM

calmlikeabomb said:
Lenovo have a really good coupon for Canada now - check redflagforum (exclusive coupon)

Yeah that's the reason I may get it it's like $550 off.
Score
0
October 20, 2012 3:17:03 PM

So the differences

1. lenovo (im assuming a full hd screen) 15.6"
- slow hard drive 5400rpm, lesser quality build(IMO), worse gpu, no backlit keyboard
+ slightly faster cpu, blu ray player, cheaper, also I have always seen a 30-45% off coupon on the lenovos.

2. Asus (the second one) 17"
- negliably slower cpu, worse gpu 15% then the msi
+ backlit keyboard 15% better gpu then the lenovo

3. MSI GT70 17"
- negliably slower cpu
+ multi color backlit keyboard, "better" network card best gpu

4. Xotic pc 15.6"
this depends how you customize it
NO OS add $105
slow starting hdd i'd up to the 500 or the 750 7200rpm
cash discount has problemns
and slightly slower ram or an extra 25
with the config that I did it was about $1240

My thoughts the GT70 is the best computer, the lenovo is the worst, Lenovo is cheap, I do not know shipping charges I suggested the sager because shipping was free to the us, and it was cheaper. Since you can afford it I would avoid the lenovo unless you want a blu ray player.

My other question is do you have to use newegg.ca? if so then get the msi via xotic pc because its 1600 on newegg.ca, you also could get the sager on xotic pc.
Score
0
October 20, 2012 4:34:58 PM

jackspeed said:
So the differences

1. lenovo (im assuming a full hd screen) 15.6"
- slow hard drive 5400rpm, lesser quality build(IMO), worse gpu, no backlit keyboard
+ slightly faster cpu, blu ray player, cheaper, also I have always seen a 30-45% off coupon on the lenovos.

2. Asus (the second one) 17"
- negliably slower cpu, worse gpu 15% then the msi
+ backlit keyboard 15% better gpu then the lenovo

3. MSI GT70 17"
- negliably slower cpu
+ multi color backlit keyboard, "better" network card best gpu

4. Xotic pc 15.6"
this depends how you customize it
NO OS add $105
slow starting hdd i'd up to the 500 or the 750 7200rpm
cash discount has problemns
and slightly slower ram or an extra 25
with the config that I did it was about $1240

My thoughts the GT70 is the best computer, the lenovo is the worst, Lenovo is cheap, I do not know shipping charges I suggested the sager because shipping was free to the us, and it was cheaper. Since you can afford it I would avoid the lenovo unless you want a blu ray player.

My other question is do you have to use newegg.ca? if so then get the msi via xotic pc because its 1600 on newegg.ca, you also could get the sager on xotic pc.


I did more research and found the sager NP9130. I don't know which graphics card is better the g70M or g70MX 1.5 ram with 3gb ram?
Score
0
October 20, 2012 4:49:07 PM

My friend just got the Lenovo and it's a really really good deal. You're paying less than a thousand for a GTX 660m and a really good processor. The Asus is hundreds more for equal performance, and obviously the MSI will have better performance, but again it's hundreds more. If you care about value, lenovo y580 is the obvious choice.
Score
0
October 20, 2012 5:04:53 PM

Don't bother with the cards with upgraded VRAM, it's just a marketing gimmick to get you to pay premium.

Stay away from the Asus and MSI, after about $1100 big brand names such as MSI, Asus, Alienware and Samsung start overcharging on stuff like glowing lights and trademark art styles and brand name keyboards.

If you want performance in a laptop without buying extras, Clevo/Sager is the way to go.

http://www.reflexnotebook.ca/laptops-notebooks/screen-s...

I'm linking the NP9150 because at no additional cost you can upgrade to a GTX 675m, which is easily better than any of the other choices equipped with a GTX 670m/GTX 660m.
Score
0
October 20, 2012 9:54:22 PM

division_9 said:
Don't bother with the cards with upgraded VRAM, it's just a marketing gimmick to get you to pay premium.

Stay away from the Asus and MSI, after about $1100 big brand names such as MSI, Asus, Alienware and Samsung start overcharging on stuff like glowing lights and trademark art styles and brand name keyboards.

If you want performance in a laptop without buying extras, Clevo/Sager is the way to go.

http://www.reflexnotebook.ca/laptops-notebooks/screen-s...

I'm linking the NP9150 because at no additional cost you can upgrade to a GTX 675m, which is easily better than any of the other choices equipped with a GTX 670m/GTX 660m.


I'm thinking of going with the NP9130. I don't see a difference between the two.
Score
0
October 21, 2012 4:47:57 AM

Neeliyo said:
I'm thinking of going with the NP9130. I don't see a difference between the two.



The difference is that the 9130 has a different keyboard and case. The 9150 has a backlit keyboard.(also uses the key configuration of the gt70 keyboard)

Just make sure to get the OS!!!!! also the 9130 does not have the free upgrade to the 675m on the website you linked. Both are 15" Do not use the cash discount I have heard of problems and there are delays. Enjoy your new computer.

"Stay away from the Asus and MSI, after about $1100 big brand names such as MSI, Asus, Alienware and Samsung start overcharging on stuff like glowing lights and trademark art styles and brand name keyboards." the backlit is important to some people. Sager is just as expensive(at least in the us) it just kills you on the small stuff, and you have to wait to get the computer. It also is a reputable brand.
Score
0
February 15, 2013 6:27:37 PM

Best answer selected by Neeliyo.
Score
0
a c 249 D Laptop
February 15, 2013 8:22:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
0
!